First Track Days Blackhawk 9/4 9/5

jpmunch

I have signed up for my first track days, and am really excited about it. Everyone says it is the most fun I will ever have.
I was going to drive up the day before, but I called the track and they said it would not be open until 7:00 Saturday morning. So, I plan to leave at 3:00 AM so I will be there by six in case they open early.
The thing that worries me is screwing up finding where the tech inspection is, where the riders meeting is, etc., therefore I plan to allow plenty of time.
I have been reading a lot of the threads on this forum, and am really impressed. There is so much useful advise, and no negativity.
Looking forward to meeting some of you at the track.

Jim

racer23

Welcome to the addiction!

Thanks for choosing Nesba.

The gates will be open Friday night, and camping is free. Just try to show up before midnight so you can get a decent amount of sleep. I haven't heard of anyone being turned away because they showed up too late, but just to be safe, I always advise to show up before 12:00.

When you drive in, just follow the road around into the paddock, straight ahead, next to the control tower, will be tech and registration. Show up early, say 7:00am and get registered and teched, enjoy some breakfast from the concession stand, and come to the riders meeting on the front straight at 8:30. From there you will go to the beginners classroom and get even more useful information, (as the advanced guys whiz past the windows) until 9:20 or so, then break up the meeting for your 9:40 first session.

Hitman954

JPmunch what will you be in (vehicle wise). I'll come find you and help you out. I'll be there Friday night. See you then

jpmunch

Thank you for the information. Unless I have to work late Friday I will be there Friday evening.
I will have my wife's Honda Accord pulling a black open Southern Classic trailer.
My bike is a 2006 Ninja 650R.

Looking forward to seeing you,
Jim

csteger03

Hey Jim we're in the same boat, these are my first track days as well. I have been to Blackhawk for some CCS races, and its a great track. You should have no problem finding your way around. If you didnt want to camp out, you could still set up your pit Friday night, and come back in the morning when the track opens and you'll be all set up! Just ask someone whose camping to watch your stuff over night. Just a suggestion.... Anyway look forward to meeting you at the track, I'm riding an 09 zx6r in black.

see you at the beginners meeting,

Chris:D

jpmunch

Chris,
Nice to know I won't be the only new one there. I am looking forward to camping out. Hopefully there will be a little grass around there to put the tent on.
See you all next Saturday,
Jim

beac83

Welcome to NESBA both of you! Stop by and say hi. Look for bike 83. Bring your appetite, because the Chili Cookoff is Saturday night!

And it is the most fun you can have with clothes on - for sure!

jpmunch

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcomes. I think this is the friendliest forum that I have ever seen.
The offers of help are especially appreciated, because I was really worried about messing up.
I really hope to learn a lot on the track from the control riders, and this does sound like the most fun I will ever have.
Chile cookoff Saturday night!!!! Wow, this just gets better all the time.

Jim

GK#103

Hey welcome!,your going to love BHF's.Great group here.I'll see if your around Fri. night. there's usually a track walk before dark.

greeny

welcome fellas! you picked an awesome weekend to start your track riding careers. be sure to stick around on sat night for the chili cookoff and raffle.

beac83

GK#103;148416 wrote: Hey welcome!,your going to love BHF's.Great group here.I'll see if your around Fri. night. there's usually a track walk before dark.
George,
What time do I need to be there to get in on the walK? I actually have Friday afternoon off, so I may be able to get there early enough to join it. It's been over a year since I've ridden at BHF, so I'm feeling rusty.

GK#103

Craig,
If memory serves me...:haha: 6 or 7 leaves plenty of time. All are welcome,meet by the tower,finish line.I should be around early.(long weekend for me :) finally!)see ya at the track.