For those of you with 2 track bikes....

1up5down

Control Rider
I have three bikes and looking for the 4th one! 03 GSXR 750, 07 GSXR 600 and 08 KTM XCF-W 250 for the woods!

I have two '06 Daytona 675's One set up for the Track and one Street bike. They both have identical controls - Woodcraft Clip-ons, Pazzo Shorty Levers, WoodCraft GP Shift RearSets. Both are safety wired and have water wetter in them. I bring them both to the track with me so that if I have a problem with the track bike, I can easily swap over the street bike in less than 30 minutes and be ready to go back out on the track.

The identical controls keep me from getting confused when I jump from one bike to the other. Since they are identical bikes, I figured I might have trouble if one was GP and one was Standard shift.

I would advise you to go the two-bike route rather than the new bike route if you intend to continue to ride at the track.

Jeff

I can tell you that when you have two track bikes and 3 other bikes you quickly run out of time to fix all of them. That said I like both of my track bikes but I'd like to get down to only having one. The only problem is I can't decide which one to sell.

hank

I have 2 dedicated track sport bikes - one for big, fast tracks and one for small, tight tracks. They are both from the last century...:rolleyes: heavy, underpowered and a lot to handle relative to more recent machinery...

Given what I enjoy today, if I could swap them without losing a good deal of $$$, I would prefer a Motard and a 250 2-stroke (actually, a 500cc 4-stroke lightweight would be :adore:).

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Buy the R1 and pretend to be trying to sell the 600......then tell your wife there just wasn't a market for the 600 right now.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
haha. I actually thought about that.
I've got her convinced that instead of buying a used track bike, for about the same money I could get a brand spanky new Aprilia RS125. The 09's have the Spain's No.1 livery just like the GP bikes.
Whaddaya think? Should I go for it?