Friends slow painfull decline

Perlzuki

I have not ridden with NESBA since my 2010 injury. I rode with NESBA for 10 years, the last 3 as a CR. I check in on the forums every so often & it's like watching a great friend die a slow & painful death! The slow economy, the introduction of new track day orgs, bad business decisions and bad weather can all be blamed.
Bob started this org so he & friends would have a safe environment to ride . It has always been a Non Profit org. The owners, directors, CRS and members are who have made this Org. His parents even used to cook lots of food and there was a free buffet for lunch.
It would be nice if EVERYONE would think back how much fun we have had, how many huge smiles & how many great friends we have made at the race track. Bob and the Directors have always wanted us to be safe & have fun.
John Allen has run the SE since 2010 & was a CR long before then. He has driven from Nashville to every track day & has taken much time away from his business and family ( Leslie ). He has given his all & deserves much thanks!
I truly hope NESBA can get through this rough patch & thrive in the future, if not ALL OF US NEED TO REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN & HOW MANY LIFELONG FRIENDS WE HAVE MADE THROUGH NESBA !

Mark
Retired SE CR

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Great post, Mark. I still remember meeting you at a VIR event when you were still a CR. Good times, for sure. Lots of good friends and memories. I also hope nesba can pull through this rough patch. I have met so many wonderful folks.

mike574

Perlzuki;301716 wrote: His parents even used to cook lots of food and there was a free buffet for lunch.

I remember my first day at summit (2003) NESBA had the free buffet I thought it was awsome and gave NESBA that family feel which made me start liking NESBA more then the other track day orgs. out there at the time. It is one of the reasons I really liked last season seeing people get together for the potluck dinners, it brought back that family feel. I hope that trend continues this year.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
While my track day riding has taken some what of a hiatus over the past few years, I as well consistently visit the message board. I've noticed a severe decline in morale and satisfaction of club members on the message board. I'm not here to criticize anyone in NESBA on either side (administration or members), but it seems to me that if something doesn't change the club is headed for some tough times ahead, hopefully not shutting down.

I do not know the in-and-outs of the club and how it is run, but it is apparent that the club is struggling to figure out how to define itself. Combining this with an obvious lack in adequate communication is what I see as the main cause in frustration of members. I've never complained about NESBA and the people that run it because I appreciate everything they've done to create the opportunity for someone like me to ride on the track and improve my skill. However I really get frustrated when instead of complaining which I feel solves very little, I reached out to the club and offered assistance. Initially I was told that my offer was great and I could jump right in and help, but when it came time to get me what I needed to actually make a difference I never got anything.

I know Bob is extremely busy. He has a full time job and a family and that is obviously more important. But this club will not succeed on the shoulders of one person. This is why I offered to help and I do not understand why you would not take 5 minutes to get a volunteer the information they need so they in turn can save you much more time in return.

If the NESBA powers are still unsure of where they want to take the club, please communicate that. Lack of communication just makes everyone more frustrated and angry causing what we have seen happen over the last 6 months.

My offer still stands to provide help in anyway I can, I am not angry with Bob or anyone else at NESBA. Just frustrated because for so many years we heard the NESBA powers encourage people to step up and make a difference instead of complaining and I got no where when trying to do that.

I've only been riding NESBA for two years, but those two years have been pretty painful as well. Not painful running track and hanging with old and new friends, but seeing the decline of interaction between NESBA and the membership. Many times many qualified people have asked to help and offered up workable solutions, no luck with that at all. There is a sense of distance and arrogance at the top IMO, that we are only here to finance the fun of a few or as one NESBA spokesperson calls them "house" members, and if we don't like it we can go somewhere else. That attitude will only go so far, and I believe that it has finally taken the ultimate toll and the membership has had enough of such a one sided proposition.

Many people have $$ on the books, many people bought loyalty cards and renewed memberships. I've seen nothing from Bob Blanford (or anyone at NESBA) to inform everyone about what's going on so that perpetuates "stinking thinking". I have my year booked by the end of January, time off requested, hotels booked as do many others. We need to know what the scoop is or I'm afraid folks will start filing credit card disputes, looking for refunds (basically a run on the bank) and booking time with other orgs. If that happens NESBA will doom itself by continuing to disregard the very people that make this machine work - the members.

Just my thoughts while trying to figure this out.:dunno:

HJ

Godfather

Yeah, I just wondering when Hurricane John will get tired and finally leave?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Godfather;301736 wrote: Yeah, I just wondering when Hurricane John will get tired and finally leave?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Proves my point, don't you think? I'm sure one of those "house" guys will ban me soon enough.

HJ

Unbroken13

W!T!F!
I'm lost.. Just wanna ride with my new found friends..
Where's pit out? When's I group go out? Can I sit in on b group meetings?? What's the orange shirt for?? Never mind I see now ... Doh... Warmers? Tire pressure?? Apex ??? What exit?? But my butt is over??? Relax?? How?? Brake ?? Trail brake at what corner?? How many sessions left?? Where's spinach when I need him?? Dunham ??? help??? I got bumped !! Awesome ?? How ?? I don't know?? Is Matt cooking?? Where's mike and tex and Dennis and Edwin?? Oh Scott?? Siscillian ?? They don't look Italian?? Confused??? Foods on?? Riding with my
Pop!!! Crash for the night?? Miss the wife and kids!!!! Awake and go again!!!! Day two!!! Worth every penny !!!

First season recap..... I just wanna ride... Nesba made it amazing... The members make it amazing... Hope all this talk is just that...

noobinacan

Perlzuki;301716 wrote: I have not ridden with NESBA since my 2010 injury. I rode with NESBA for 10 years, the last 3 as a CR. I check in on the forums every so often & it's like watching a great friend die a slow & painful death! The slow economy, the introduction of new track day orgs, bad business decisions and bad weather can all be blamed.
Bob started this org so he & friends would have a safe environment to ride . It has always been a Non Profit org. The owners, directors, CRS and members are who have made this Org. His parents even used to cook lots of food and there was a free buffet for lunch.
It would be nice if EVERYONE would think back how much fun we have had, how many huge smiles & how many great friends we have made at the race track. Bob and the Directors have always wanted us to be safe & have fun.
John Allen has run the SE since 2010 & was a CR long before then. He has driven from Nashville to every track day & has taken much time away from his business and family ( Leslie ). He has given his all & deserves much thanks!
I truly hope NESBA can get through this rough patch & thrive in the future, if not ALL OF US NEED TO REMEMBER HOW MUCH FUN & HOW MANY LIFELONG FRIENDS WE HAVE MADE THROUGH NESBA !

Mark
Retired SE CR
Hey Mark, Long time no talk bud...hope all is well.
This is a great post.
The ORG is made up of the members here and was good times for sure! :D
the air fence fundraisers, meet and greets etc.
:popcorn:

denbsteph

Unbroken13;301740 wrote: W!T!F!
I'm lost.. Just wanna ride with my new found friends..
Where's pit out? When's I group go out? Can I sit in on b group meetings?? What's the orange shirt for?? Never mind I see now ... Doh... Warmers? Tire pressure?? Apex ??? What exit?? But my butt is over??? Relax?? How?? Brake ?? Trail brake at what corner?? How many sessions left?? Where's spinach when I need him?? Dunham ??? help??? I got bumped !! Awesome ?? How ?? I don't know?? Is Matt cooking?? Where's mike and tex and Dennis and Edwin?? Oh Scott?? Siscillian ?? They don't look Italian?? Confused??? Foods on?? Riding with my
Pop!!! Crash for the night?? Miss the wife and kids!!!! Awake and go again!!!! Day two!!! Worth every penny !!!

First season recap..... I just wanna ride... Nesba made it amazing... The members make it amazing... Hope all this talk is just that...

Even new members, such as myself and unbroken13 have come to value the friendships that have been made and will for a life time. I too, hope all this will be resolved for the betterment of its riders and the whole NESBA organization.

ceptorman

The economy and the demise of the midwest section has me away from the track for 4 years now. I ran across one of my membership cards the other day, member since 04. I hope Nesba thrives again. I still think they have the best program and the best CRs. Good luck everybody.

LesPow

Control Rider
Hey Mark,
It would be nice to ride with you again one day, we rode at Main and you bumped me to the A Grp. you and Scott Rosey?? I heard about your pyrotechnics error and I'm assuming since you have not ridden with Nesba. I also have not been to the South in a while.
In regards to Nesba's state of affairs, it could be viewed as the Org. going in safe mode. Instead of trying to book the most dates which we might not fill.....I've seen empty track at NJMP...we turn it down a notch, step back, and watch. Nesba has been around for a while and has a reputation for being one of the best.
Im sure other dates will be added throughout the year, and even though its not the best for planning its what we have, and this is the time for the members to also show why we love Nesba. There is always next yr++ etc. good decisions need to be made now to secure the future and even though I cant prove it, maybe stepping back and slowing down could prove beneficial to the survival of the Org.
Lets show up to the dates we have and pack the house so to speak, enjoy your newly found and old friends, eat sleep and ride, then go home to mama.

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
Rasta;301766 wrote: Hey Mark,
It would be nice to ride with you again one day, we rode at Main and you bumped me to the A Grp. you and Scott Rosey?? I heard about your pyrotechnics error and I'm assuming since you have not ridden with Nesba. I also have not been to the South in a while.
In regards to Nesba's state of affairs, it could be viewed as the Org. going in safe mode. Instead of trying to book the most dates which we might not fill.....I've seen empty track at NJMP...we turn it down a notch, step back, and watch. Nesba has been around for a while and has a reputation for being one of the best.
Im sure other dates will be added throughout the year, and even though its not the best for planning its what we have, and this is the time for the members to also show why we love Nesba. There is always next yr++ etc. good decisions need to be made now to secure the future and even though I cant prove it, maybe stepping back and slowing down could prove beneficial to the survival of the Org.
Lets show up to the dates we have and pack the house so to speak, enjoy your newly found and old friends, eat sleep and ride, then go home to mama.
I completely agree with you. After watching attendance deteriorate the past couple of years, it was only inevitable that either NESBA was going to continue to lose money or notch back the amount of days offered. I don't blame NESBA for doing that, I actually completely agree with it. I think the hard part people are having is there is no communication and without that they are not sure how to react. Track Day orgs live and breath by cash flow and when members are making the comments they are about not spending money with NESBA due to uncertainty, then someone should understand the best thing to do is come out and communicate what is going on. Even if it may not be popular, it is better than nothing at all.

So while I completely agree with encouraging other members to stand and support the org, the NESBA powers need to help us do that.

hank

NESBA is a good club and they run a solid track day...

But I would be lying if I didn't say that I would like Dutch to visit and give one of his epic Rider Meeting speeches... Add to that having Speedy impart his Track Marshal/flag review and it would be the perfect start to a perfect track day.

Good memories right there!
:cheers:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I believe you where at the SED at VIR in May 2010, it was my first day in "I" and CR's where everywhere! They were riding in the paddock looking for people to work with to improve their riding skills. Definitely a fun time for sure…

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
hank;301776 wrote: NESBA is a good club and they run a solid track day...

But I would be lying if I didn't say that I would like Dutch to visit and give one of his epic Rider Meeting speeches... Add to that having Speedy impart his Track Marshal/flag review and it would be the perfect start to a perfect track day.

Good memories right there!
:cheers:
Speedy was the best track marshal. I remember him and Andy and the "PA Posse" from the Reduc Pocono days, and later on with him as track marshal at nesba days. Good times! I always felt safer with Speedy as track marshal. He didn't put up with any shit from anybody. Great guy!

mike574

hank;301776 wrote: But I would be lying if I didn't say that I would like Dutch to visit and give one of his epic Rider Meeting speeches... :
:agree:

They were always good

hank

HondaGalToo;301779 wrote: Speedy was the best track marshal. I remember him and Andy and the "PA Posse" from the Reduc Pocono days,
The REDUC guys were great - they made ME feel young.....

:D