From the archives, long lost footage NJMP first ever Endurance day

physicistkev

Control Rider
How does he do it? He doesn't even own a bike any more… or ridden since November of 2012.

It's amazing, even in January I can post new video ;) I was going through my collection of track vids and found that I never processed or posted video from the first ever NESBA Endurance day. This was the skills enhancement day for A/I riders, but they called it an Endurance day.

It was at NJMP Thunderbolt on May 31 2011. IT WAS HOT. VERY VERY HOT. And, I was very very slow. Not much has changed.

I don't remember much else from that day but here are the 10 videos I have (still processing them, I will add as they are completed). The last few are only the GoPro 960 front camera as the Flip I use for rear shots overheated and stopped working. Yes, it was that hot out.

Session 1
Session 2
Session 3
Session 4
Session 5
Session 6
Session 7
Session 8
Session 9
Session 10

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
You are the man! This is only one of the reasons you need to ride next year...:agree:

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
I don't think I'm in any of your vids, although I was there at NJMP that day so I have to look at all the vids. I enjoy watching them especially when I'm going to ride a track in the south. Good stuff!

physicistkev

Control Rider
Good, at least someone else enjoys them and finds them useful.

Don't worry to much. I will be back, maybe for the November Barber trip. Likely, with at least one more camera.

physicistkev

Control Rider
Smithereens;263951 wrote: Great day..... I remember it well....enjoyed your video
Thanks for sharing it.
At least I kept you behind me for a little bit?

I truly was off that day. Not sure why, but it just wasn't happening

Turbo329

I was there that day. I was in the red leathers on the Blue ZX7R. You passed me in your 5th or 6th vid I think around the 20 minute mark. You boyz were moving!

I learned so much from following you faster guys that day that it took my riding to higher level. I was probably running 1:42s around that time in 2011. Now I run 1:38s on that heavy ZX7R. :rtfm: NESBA should do more of these. With some more towing you guys could probably get me to the 1:35 range.

Is NESBA gonna confirm their Summit Main dates this year or are they committed to NY Safety?

miker1

These are great to watch, especially in winter months. It's great to get a close-up view of the A-group riders' technique. I only see you guys go wizzing by on the straightaway when waiting for my session...

thanks for posting!