HEADS UP. Round 1 of Moto GP starts this weekend.

Gundamzeppelin

The new rules have turned the motoGP grid on it's ear! IDK if it's a good or bad thing, bridstone needs to change the tire compound to last year. The Factory yamaha's are struggling, but Alex E. is doing amazing things on that open yamaha. NOW keep in mind the open class yamaha has the option for a softer tire and is also using the 2012 frame if I remember correctly. The older frame I'd wager is easier to ride for most riders crutchlow being one of them. Remember last year he demanded that new factory frame, they gave it to him & hated it. I could go on, but I doubt anyone is much in the mood nor cares much about motoGP debate.

Marc and smith may have a battle on there hands.
I could see Alex E. In the mix without a doubt at the current standings, the question is... Well Alex crack under pressure like he did today?
Smith, I can't say I'm a fan of, he lack that killers instinct. On the other hand.... the man has a fire under his ass by the name of Pol E.

Rossi... This wont be his race, The factory boys skipped testing at Qatar and it has bit them in the ass! Marc would not be on pole if Alex didn't bin both his bikes.

Lorenzo, is pissed OFF! that will cloud his judgment, but if there is any man on the grid that can take on a losing situation it's him.

Pedrosia, is the odds on favorite for many, the dark horse the sleeper hit. Who has rotten luck.

baustia, I've always liked him, it must be that young George Micheal's hair. All jokes side He's another guy I think has a lot of talent, but no one really sees him as a threat, except Rossi.... See what I did just there?

Dovi, good on a Yamaha, Good on a Honda, Good on a Ducati. Great rider, with the personality of tree sap.
With that open Ducati and a softer rear he could be in the mix as well....

The changes in the rules will make for a more interesting GP honestly everything is still in Honda's court....
the advantages of the open class will force the top factory riders to get in the mix of other riders. in the end it maybe the same faces on the podium with the occasional dark horse. IDK

JarvisB

It came to my surprise that it would be aired on the TV. Looks like Fox Sports bought the rights only two days ago. Good news!

sti2.5ldohc

What a great race to watch. Especially the battle between Rossi and MM. The question is was MM slower then normal cuz of his leg? He seemed to have an awfully hard time keeping ahead of Rossi. Rossi is an exceptional rider and I wonder why he always seemed to be couple steps slower last year.

Shinobi

Good Race for sure at the end, We want to see a challenge right........I really wanted Rossi in there for #1 just to shake up MM. However, I feel Lorenzo would murder for the '14 title ...... instead he murdered his bike. I've got Lorenzo for the title this year. Things could be interesting as long as they dont let MM skip away with it. I cant wait for BSB to start though. Thats my stuff right there plus I love England's tracks. N2 should do a day at Cadwell Park haha

jtdbsr

sti2.5ldohc;n592286 wrote: What a great race to watch. Especially the battle between Rossi and MM. The question is was MM slower then normal cuz of his leg? He seemed to have an awfully hard time keeping ahead of Rossi. Rossi is an exceptional rider and I wonder why he always seemed to be couple steps slower last year.
His bike looked very out of control once he got up front where as Rossi's bike by comparison looked to be on rails. he really had to ride the wheels off of it to stay ahead of Rossi.

Rossi is very smooth,MM rides that bike like a bull, Love how MM was backing it in ...Both are great riders with different styles. I wish Lorenzo did not make that early mistake because he would have been in the mix also..

StringBean27

If the races are close like they were in Qatar it should be a great season. May have been a lot different had Lorenzo kept it up. Though preseason was not looking so good for him, or at least not as positive as it was for Valentino. The next track wasn't so good for Yamaha last year but who knows

StringBean27

I was under the impression that Aleix had the 2013 bike for this season, meaning engine, frame and swingarm. I think a lot of the preseason testing showing Lorenzo so far down the order was due to the technical rules change of the fuel and tire combo. The tires are a bit stiffer on the sidewall and the leaner mixture was making it more difficult for Lorenzo to use his smooth style, he seemed to do well for the first 3/4 of the track. If Yamaha can push Bridgestone hard enough they may adapt the tire in further races.

jtdbsr

Do you ever wonder what you would feel when MM thinks he is way too hot for a corner? There was a replay of him scrubbing speed with the rear wheel about a foot off the ground running wide trying to make the corner.. I would probably just leap from the bike like Edwards did when his Aprilia caught on fire.

Gundamzeppelin

Tech three get's the last year's bike so they would have 2013 and Alex would get the tech three bike from 2013 so 2012. It's like a passing down.
So next year.
Movistar Yamaha 2015 bike
Tech three yamaha 2014 bike
Forward racing 2013 bike.