Heat cycles of street tires

machdw69

how many heat cycles can a street tire take on the track. my qualifiers (front tire in particular) don't seem to be sticking like they used to although it might be the temp last couple of track days. i've got 4 track days on them and about 1500 mi. from the street. i remember the first track day i put on them they had some blue and green color coming off of them, almost the way gasoline looks in a puddle of water or something. they still have good tread on them but i'm concerned about the discoloring they went through. i run around 31 psi front and rear.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Street tires are designed to go through bunches of heat cycles. The bluish hue is normal if it's been sitting a while. One lap and it'll be gone. They're probably sticking like they used to, but you're going faster and are more in tune to what's going on with the bike. Tires are the most important part of the bike, and if you're doubting their grip, it's time to get new ones. New tires are cheaper than trying to squeeze one more TD out of them and crashing.