Heat Shielding

Quickone4u

~~What are you guys using on your belly pan for heat shielding? I'm going to need some on my 07 gsxr 600 and wanted to see what seems to work best. Also, will contact with the can on the slip on exhaust be a problem? Pretty tight in there and I'm thinking there will be contact when I add in the shielding. Thanks!

Huey130

Director
Race Director
A company called ThermoTec has an adhesive backed heat shield. The 12X24" is $26 and near nuclear proof. You can cut it to fit.
YOu can build up a few pieces where parts are touching the bodywork. But a lot of times if you loosen EVERY part of your exhaust and work it and work it and work it you can make it fit better then tighten it downagain.

In a pinch I've used triple / quadruple layers of metalized duct tape. REAL duct tape.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Pretty sure the thermotec is what I'm using. Think I got it from Summit Racing. It holds up well for a couple of years, well, unless you spill gas. LOL. To keep the edges stuck down, I put the orange hi temp RTV stuff all around the edges.

crash675

Mike I used something similar to what they use. I picked it up from advanced. It has an adhesive side and is reflective fiberglass wrap type material Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk

Quickone4u

crash675;n592536 wrote: Mike I used something similar to what they use. I picked it up from advanced. It has an adhesive side and is reflective fiberglass wrap type material Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk
Picked up the exact same thing yesterday!