Hello from Lititz PA

Shinobi

Will,
The ZX10R was the second bike i bought brand new for track use. And I'm telling you, Rider Insurance is the shit. I was completely honest about what happened. And no pushback.

I dont have this....Which company offers it? : )

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

rssuby2001

Welcome to the club, im still new to track days with a bike, im also down the road in northern chester county, although i dont have a shinny new bike, i wouldnt hesitate to take a brand new bike out, while going out for the first couple of times your control rider holds the pace, i did summit main the first time out and had a hell of a good time, if you have any idea how to brake properly and throttle out if a corner, which sounds like you do, should be no problem. I am on a good set of street tires and was totally fine.

EO157

Appreciate you sharing your experience. I agree having a control rider to help with my first outing will help keep things under, well "control"... Also feel like the BMW will help as well. I have read a lot about, and have even personally experienced how the electronic intervention (DTC, ABS, etc.) can really keep things manageable.

EO157

Many thanks Steve : )

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint
I called Rider yesterday. Unfortunately the rep I talked with told me they NO longer offer coverage for track days. She said this was a very recent change. Not sure how that would impact current policy holders, but I would certainly check it out. I have Geico and was told by them that rider "training" is covered but not open track days. Seems pretty "grey" to me..

Shinobi

I called Rider yesterday. Unfortunately the rep I talked with told me they NO longer offer coverage for track days. She said this was a very recent change. Not sure how that would impact current policy holders, but I would certainly check it out. I have Geico and was told by them that rider "training" is covered but not open track days. Seems pretty "grey" to me..
Ah yes and insurance companies become "not so grey" when it is time to pay out lol

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Thanks John..

Could use some advice on if I should risk wadding up my shiny new BMW or leave it in the garage and search for a less expensive track ready setup. Any insight on this dilemma? I have read a bunch on the subject and seems everyone has a different opinion. Appreciate everyone's thoughts..

Also a few posts up there is mention of a QSL bike night? Not familiar with that?
Sorry for the delay. Yes Quaker Stake and Lube had bike night up in Mechanicsburg every Wednesday night but I heard some of the local patched clubs ruined it. Shame really. Maybe they will start again in the spring.

I started on the track with my street bike (Buell XB9) and used it for the first year and 1\2. I kinda had that feeling that it was time to go to a track only bike so I could not worry about wadding my only bike up. Feeling was dead on as the 2nd track day on on the new bike I found myself high siding to the moon. Learned a lot though. Like how to repair fiberglass, paint bodywork, straighten a sub frame, etc. Oh and learned that high sides=bad.

Don't be afraid to bring the shiny toy out. Just keep your ego in check and learn slowly. Crashes are part of the game but it's not like dirt where crashes happen 99.9% of the time (at least that's my dirt experience).

Oh and DON'T follow Will in the dirt......it only ends bad. Just say'n.

Last edited:

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Don't know what I screwed up on the quote there.

Sorry for the delay. Yes Quaker Stake and Lube had bike night up in Mechanicsburg every Wednesday night but I heard some of the local patched clubs ruined it. Shame really. Maybe they will start again in the spring.

I started on the track with my street bike (Buell XB9) and used it for the first year and 1\2. I kinda had that feeling that it was time to go to a track only bike so I could not worry about wadding my only bike up. Feeling was dead on as the 2nd track day on on the new bike I found myself high siding to the moon. Learned a lot though. Like how to repair fiberglass, paint bodywork, straighten a sub frame, etc. Oh and learned that high sides=bad.

Don't be afraid to bring the shiny toy out. Just keep your ego in check and learn slowly. Crashes are part of the game but it's not like dirt where crashes happen 99.9% of the time (at least that's my dirt experience).

Oh and DON'T follow Will in the dirt......it only ends bad. Just say'n.