Helmet Requirements

rk97

regardless, it's your head :)

Lenny was not only nice enough to check my helmet during tech inspection several times last year, but also point out why mine was or wasn't ok. (i.e. - my helmet is a bit loose in the forehead, but good through the cheek pads. Helped a TON when I bought my new lid.)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rk97;45691 wrote: regardless, it's your head :)

Lenny was not only nice enough to check my helmet during tech inspection several times last year, but also point out why mine was or wasn't ok. (i.e. - my helmet is a bit loose in the forehead, but good through the cheek pads. Helped a TON when I bought my new lid.)

Yeah, I'd prefer both DOT and SNELL, but that's just my head! Fit is important, too, and they'll be checking that at tech. I don't believe it's a requirement, but if your lid is over 5 years old, you should strongly consider replacing it.

beac83

From the Manual:

"Helmet, undamaged, full-face DOT, SNELL, or European standard
approved, with eye protection. No flip-up helmets allowed."

There used to be a requirement of the helmet's manufacture date being less than 5 years before the track day, but it seems to have been removed. Still a good idea to not ride with a very old lid though.

link to manual : http://www.nesba.com/Info/Downloads/manual.pdf A good read before you arrive at the track.

StreetRider

Thanks guys, just wasn't sure if it was DOT + the other standards or did each rating was ok by itself. Thanks all the same.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Revvin' Evan;45742 wrote: Quote from the riders manual:

"Helmets are not required. Natural selection is in full effect."

:popcorn:

LMAO!!!:haha: