Hit-Air Vest Sizing

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
For those of you that have these, specifically the RS-1 Racer model, did you take the measurements over your riding suit? Or over street clothes, or nothing? I'm wanting to get one, but not sure what size.
Thanks!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Judy, I am traveling now but i am almost certain I took a large so that should put you in a medium. The vest itself is extremely adjustable. I would ask you to reconsider on the racer version. The coverage of the racer pales in comparison to the mlv. The racer seems to be more focused on collar bone where the mlv has coverage over the tailbone as well as neck support and full spine coverage. I applaud you moving to a vest and I won't go out with out one now. I can also assure you that you won't know your wearing it.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks, Tom. My interest in the Racer version is because the tether is in the back. I was thinking having it in the front would annoy me when hanging off...
Point taken about greater coverage with the mlv.

tdelegram

Control Rider
The only time I notice the teather is if I forget to disconnect and I dismount the bike. The procedure for adjusting the teather is to stand on the pegs and the cord should just be getting taught so I can't imagine it would ever impead body position.

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
I've never noticed the front tether getting in the way in the 2 years I've been track riding & racing with it, FWIW

Eddie

I see these are gaining in popularity. I admit, I was skeptical at first. Now I'm seriously considering one of these.
Couple questions:
- Where did you get yours?
- Price?
- Model?
- MLV-C, LV, RC, LMNOP??
- what do these mean?

Any other input on these would be appreciated.
thanks!

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I see these are gaining in popularity. I admit, I was skeptical at first. Now I'm seriously considering one of these.
Couple questions:
- Where did you get yours?
- Price?
- Model?
- MLV-C, LV, RC, LMNOP??
- what do these mean?

Any other input on these would be appreciated.
thanks!
Plus one. I want to know more as well.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Basically there are 2 models from hitair, a sport (lower coverage) and the one i use which has the greatest coverage. Aside from coverage, the only other difference is the attachment point for the tether, sport tether is on the rear mine is front right. I never notice my tether. Not sure what else ou all are looking to know but i purchased mine from:

http://www.safermoto.com/

They were the first importer and will answer any questions either on the phone or via email.

I run the MLV-C:

http://www.safermoto.com/air-bag-vests/mlv-c/

tdelegram

Control Rider
This. I was able to try on different sizes right there at the track to see which fits best, since I was right on the line between sizes. He even ordered one of a certain size and had it delivered to the track just in case the sizes he had in stock weren't right.
Just eat more, exercise less and you can move up to the next size without any problems, not sure who's been advising you, but Your Welcome!

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
Just eat more, exercise less and you can move up to the next size without any problems, not sure who's been advising you, but Your Welcome!

LOL.. moving down a vest size is cheaper than replacing my leathers. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
The RS-1 Racer model only comes in 2 sizes. I got the larger of the 2 sizes, as it says it fits most adult riders. I'm not especially large, and was able to adjust the velcro to have it fit. The smaller size seems to be for youth. The RS-1 large size is shorter than the other models in the Hit Air lineup; the small is even shorter yet - I think it would be too short for an adult.

Not sure how the other vest model sizes run, they are longer to begin with and may come in more than 2 sizes, not sure.

eskimo

Slow guy on a fast bike
The RS-1 Racer model only comes in 2 sizes. I got the larger of the 2 sizes, as it says it fits most adult riders. I'm not especially large, and was able to adjust the velcro to have it fit. The smaller size seems to be for youth. The RS-1 large size is shorter than the other models in the Hit Air lineup; the small is even shorter yet - I think it would be too short for an adult.

There are youth vests as well, so both RS-1's are made for adults. As I was being fitted by Justin, one important factor on the RS-1 is the over-the-shoulders part, making sure it can't be pushed to the side, lessening the capability to help immobilize your head. In my case, that's why we decided to go with the smaller of the 2. I can't get the thing on without a little assistance, but once on, it's a GREAT fit.

andykurz

Justin at TracksidePartsClub gives below MSRP pricing and is probably the least expensive source. Plus, you can try it on in person and you are supporting a vendor that supports us with readily avialable inventory at many, many events