How can I move up to the A group if I haven't ridden with NESBA for a while?

JayhawkInDC

I never called you uncontrolled, or an ego manic. I simply stated my opinion and my past experiences and asked how to progress to the next level.
Seems like I already quoted this once, I shall do it again!

the I group in years past and hated it due to the inexperience and uncontrolled and unpredictable riders in it. The big ego's and lack of talent seemed to be a dangerous combination and I remember a ton of red flags.
They will give a race liscense to anyone who is willing to pay, go to race school, run 2 races and finish, so I guess I'm a squidly guy with no skills who should be lucky to ride with talent like yourself.
Nowhere in my post did I make mention of my talent...I know I am not that fast, I didn't get on the board and bash half of the organization to prove that my man parts are big enough to be in A-group. That was you, Sweet Cheeks! All I am saying is that claiming that you are a WERA racer as a way of proving your speed is like dropping a deuce in DC and calling yourself POTUS.

Get over yourself and let your riding do the talking--dick...iedoo

vtjballeng

Blah Blah trashtalk... what is is about wasteful, irrelevant speech that need not be made permanent through text on a forum that so enamors posters on forums everywhere.

If you are looking for real advice, it has been given but I will restate it here. Line up early in I group on the left side where faster riders are supposed to ride and ask for a CR to consider you for a bump/feedback. This is common, lots of fast guys come in and go through the same process. The CR will check you out AND give you feedback. If you are fast, smooth, consistent and make intelligent choices on the track, you will be bumped quickly. If not, the CR will tell you where you need improvement. You can work on it and try again and again and again... whatever you want.... just be smooth, consistent and courteous on the track please.

dickiedoo

JayhawkInDC;129534 wrote: Seems like I already quoted this once, I shall do it again!

Nowhere in my post did I make mention of my talent...I know I am not that fast, I didn't get on the board and bash half of the organization to prove that my man parts are big enough to be in A-group. That was you, Sweet Cheeks! All I am saying is that claiming that you are a WERA racer as a way of proving your speed is like dropping a deuce in DC and calling yourself POTUS.

Get over yourself and let your riding do the talking--dick...iedoo
I never bashed anyone. I stated my previous experience with this org and others. You seen to be the only one that has an issue with my observations. I even apologized to you if I offended you.

My friend, you need to learn to focus on the finer points of a conversation. I never said YOU we're those people I rode with at the track. I said that people like that were on the track. Never did I imply you were one of them. Get over yourself. I don't even know you.

JayhawkInDC;129509 wrote:
One last thing, do you have to earn yellow plates or will they hand them to anyone that will pay for the race school? Thought so....:argh:
Your cute dig at yellow plate racers was dully noted, but I even went as far in my OP to note that I'm no stud. I simply asked how to progress to which you took offense. I apologized to you and you're still being rude.

My riding speaks for it'self just like everyone else's on here, but I never said I was awesome. I said I ride in the A group with other orgs and my experience on the track and racing leads me to believe that I'd be capable to ride in NESBA's A group. Could I be wrong? Sure. Did I say I deserve to be there? Nope. I just asked how to get there.

You sound like you have quite the chip on your shoulder and I have no idea why you've taken up this strange argument with me. Perhaps you should take the opportunity to make another friend at the track rather than try to make me look like an ass by implying I'm being a dick on here by asking how to progress.

:dunno:

Either way our banter is done. I'm going to the gym and dinner with friends.

vtjballeng;129536 wrote:
Blah Blah trashtalk... what is is about wasteful, irrelevant speech that need not be made permanent through text on a forum that so enamors posters on forums everywhere.

If you are looking for real advice, it has been given but I will restate it here. Line up early in I group on the left side where faster riders are supposed to ride and ask for a CR to consider you for a bump/feedback. This is common, lots of fast guys come in and go through the same process. The CR will check you out AND give you feedback. If you are fast, smooth, consistent and make intelligent choices on the track, you will be bumped quickly. If not, the CR will tell you where you need improvement. You can work on it and try again and again and again... whatever you want.... just be smooth, consistent and courteous on the track please.
Thanks for the help. Much like the others on here that posted earlier it's very helpful.

Chad Dupree

:popcorn::haha: this is getting funny.

Dickiedoo is good peeps guys. I've seen him ride....I think you would get the bump no problem. Just follow there procedures like others have stated.

JayhawkInDC

This one got me through my afternoon at work!

I don't like the whole I group riders are dangerous thing, and took a moment to let you all know.

In the meantime, good luck at RA! Hope you get the bump and enjoy your time with NESBA!

Maybe one day when I get the ol gixxer movin a little quicker we can trade some clean Nesba approved passes in A!

Wink

The :bumpme: & :crs: symbols exist for a reason... LOL!

Anyhow;

The NESBA Advanced Group is for riders who have a significantly higher pace than the Intermediate Group. NESBA describes this group as “much like” an open race practice. Everything goes with the exception of race-like and/or stuff-type passes. We are all here to have fun, and this is the group that the Control Riders get to “relax” in. Any and all Advanced riders must be clean and predictable. I feel comfortable passing and being passed within inches in the Advanced group. Any rider who cannot handle clean and close passing on the inside or outside should consider moving down to the Intermediate Group.

WERA is a great organization and we have MANY WERA racers in the NESBA "A" Group (and the "I" group).

As mentioned previously, line up in the fast line (at the front), and run clean consistent lines, in control, and make good decisions. If you are on pace for the A group during your eval, and you manage traffic well WITHIN the "I" group rules, then you'll be bumped. Again, if you are lacking in any areas, the CR that you are working with will be happy to "coach" you and give you advice in the areas for improvement.

We would hope that all riders in every group would be clean and predictable, however, that is not always the case. Remember to always leave yourself an "out" and make safe choices out there on the track.

Reality is, racers, non-racers, yellow plates, white plates... all riders in "A" group need to meet the NESBA criteria. FWIW - We have guys that show up and get bumped to "A" very quickly, and we have others that ride regularly with us for years, and are still not there. For that matter, we also have had Expert racers ride in "A" and get bumped down to "I". All that really matters is their riding ON the track.

We are all out there to have fun, to learn, and to ride SAFELY in all the groups. that is what we strive to help provide. Feel free to connect with a CR and go out and have some fun. No matter your pace, our CRs can help you improve. Just remember, coaching happens in "I", although you can still get it in "A", it isn't a given.

Best way to get your bump, is to be the cleanest, most predictable, safest rider out there crushing the "I" group. And if that means pulling out of a pass, for safety, all the better.

Have fun out there, and don't be so hard on the guys on the forum here. they see lots of posters come on here and ask for the bump, ask how to get it, because "they" deserve to be in the higher group, etc.... Sometimes it is VERY warranted, most of the time not so much.

Go out there and have fun next time you are out with us. If you aren't having fun in ANY group, tell NESBA AT the track, and we will see what we can do to help make sure that you have a great, SAFE time.

JRSMAIL

Wink;129556 wrote: The :bumpme: & :crs: symbols exist for a reason... LOL!

Anyhow;

The NESBA Advanced Group is for riders who have a significantly higher pace than the Intermediate Group. NESBA describes this group as “much like” an open race practice. Everything goes with the exception of race-like and/or stuff-type passes. We are all here to have fun, and this is the group that the Control Riders get to “relax” in. Any and all Advanced riders must be clean and predictable. I feel comfortable passing and being passed within inches in the Advanced group. Any rider who cannot handle clean and close passing on the inside or outside should consider moving down to the Intermediate Group.

WERA is a great organization and we have MANY WERA racers in the NESBA "A" Group (and the "I" group).

As mentioned previously, line up in the fast line (at the front), and run clean consistent lines, in control, and make good decisions. If you are on pace for the A group during your eval, and you manage traffic well WITHIN the "I" group rules, then you'll be bumped. Again, if you are lacking in any areas, the CR that you are working with will be happy to "coach" you and give you advice in the areas for improvement.

We would hope that all riders in every group would be clean and predictable, however, that is not always the case. Remember to always leave yourself an "out" and make safe choices out there on the track.

Reality is, racers, non-racers, yellow plates, white plates... all riders in "A" group need to meet the NESBA criteria. FWIW - We have guys that show up and get bumped to "A" very quickly, and we have others that ride regularly with us for years, and are still not there. For that matter, we also have had Expert racers ride in "A" and get bumped down to "I". All that really matters is their riding ON the track.

We are all out there to have fun, to learn, and to ride SAFELY in all the groups. that is what we strive to help provide. Feel free to connect with a CR and go out and have some fun. No matter your pace, our CRs can help you improve. Just remember, coaching happens in "I", although you can still get it in "A", it isn't a given.

Best way to get your bump, is to be the cleanest, most predictable, safest rider out there crushing the "I" group. And if that means pulling out of a pass, for safety, all the better.

Have fun out there, and don't be so hard on the guys on the forum here. they see lots of posters come on here and ask for the bump, ask how to get it, because "they" deserve to be in the higher group, etc.... Sometimes it is VERY warranted, most of the time not so much.

Go out there and have fun next time you are out with us. If you aren't having fun in ANY group, tell NESBA AT
the track, and we will see what we can do to help make sure that you have a great, SAFE time.
Speaks in true wisdom:adore:.

danch

ridelater;129550 wrote: I LOVE THESE "I WANT TO GET BUMBED POST!! they always seem to go on and on!!:box:
This guy isn't being that bad. He was in I group for a couple bad days and is reacting to that. All the groups have bad days.

I agree with him, too, that the stupid quotient is a bit higher in I than B or A - the ability to sign up directly into I, combined with the human tendency to confuse competence with excellence means that you get some 'wicked fast on the street' guys as well as 'Hey, I'm doing 1:xx, that's really fast!" attitude.

danch

Wink;129556 wrote:
Wanted to highlight this for the OP - people are reading your posts filtered through this pattern and expecting the worst.

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
wow....logged onto the WERA dungeon...

Anyways, to be specific, Absolute Trackdays will only let you ride their Group 4 if: 1) you have an expert race license, 2) you have been bumped to it, or 3) if you ride in NESBA's Advanced Group

C ewe at Road A

Meat

Yea, I knew (like everyone else) this guy was setting himself up to be thoroughly bashed. It is really too bad because he could really be a great guy. But coming onto the nesba forum telling everyone that they need to ride advanced because Intermediates are beneath them (unpredictable, big egos etc) will get someone about as warm of a welcome as claiming your gay pride at a Mormon youth festival.

Looks like we have turned off yet another outsider that wanted to try us out (again). :(

stkr

JRA;129699 wrote: Ryan, see me Sunday morning and I'll ride with you.
That's like the scene from Top Gun where the instructor tells Mavrick he'll fly with him if he doesn't get his RIO at the ship.

< cue up the Top Gun theme music here >
:D

gkotlin

For us that have been around for a while, know the "cowboy code" of don't ask for the bump. But we have to remember the forum is for asking and sharing of knowledge. Check the ego's at the door and provide something useful to people. We forget sometimes that we all had the same questions at some point in time as well. Each of us is a Nesba ambassador to the world. Get off your throne and mingle with people.

greeny

this guy isn't asking for a bump, he's asking for the best way to go about earning one... a true concern for someone who isn't familiar with the NESBA system. good luck, it seems as if the proper advice was given (if you can read through some of the other BS ;))

rk97

As entertaining as it would be to goad the OP on, he just asked a question... I admit i'm chuckling at some of the 'snarkier' replies, but let's not get all elitist. If NESBA has a reputation for being faster than other trackday orgs, great; but I don't think we need to have a reputation for being stuck-up about being faster too.

If some of us are skeptical, it's because we've heard many others sing the same tune. If I'd never ridden with NESBA until now, I might be asking the same question as the OP.

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MzQuanBn.jpg

...but the yellow plate crack was just funny. I was shocked by how easy it was to pass a "race school."

steve hale

Meat;129694 wrote: Yea, I knew (like everyone else) this guy was setting himself up to be thoroughly bashed. It is really too bad because he could really be a great guy. But coming onto the nesba forum telling everyone that they need to ride advanced because Intermediates are beneath them (unpredictable, big egos etc) will get someone about as warm of a welcome as claiming your gay pride at a Mormon youth festival.

Looks like we have turned off yet another outsider that wanted to try us out (again). :(
:agree: and maybe he can smoke everyone in I... think the egos are not all necessarily from him...

Bucky Badger

rk97;130114 wrote: If NESBA has a reputation for being faster than other trackday orgs, great; but I don't think we need to have a reputation for being stuck-up about being faster too.
Words of Wisdom here folks....The word "fast" has different meanings to different people.