How can you tell that it's TRACK DAY season! *FUNNY*

cnsmoore

Alright guys and gals. I would like to hear some comments that you have heard in regards to this WONDERFUL time of the year... I will start it out!

HOW CAN YOU TELL THAT IT'S TRACK DAY SEASON ONCE AGAIN?:D

1. The wife asked me if I was planning on coming to bed before midnight at all this season!

2. UPS programs your address into their GPS!

3.The garage and the adjoining kitchen begin to smell of fresh race rubber!

Fire929

I thought I was done spending money 5 purchases ago.

It will be nice when the riding finally starts so I can stop thinking about all the things I want to try this year and get out there and do it.

chambers

I haven't even done my first track day and my wife is ready to hit me in the head with a frying pan. Can't imagine what it's going to be like after my second and third event.:notsure:

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
chambers;41173 wrote: I haven't even done my first track day and my wife is ready to hit me in the head with a frying pan. Can't imagine what it's going to be like after my second and third event.:notsure:
It's all I've been talking about and I got yelled at by the wife as well.

jimgl3

oh no, i done seen where you got the D-Swens professional job on the lemon!

I can't afford that!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
just the tank....i couldnt near afford his work on the entire thing...i am using a higliter to patch up the plastics

PJZOCC624

I have to justify that a night in the garage with the bike does NOT count as a night out with the guys.

I need to qualify the difference between "spending time with my baby" and "spending time with THE baby" (our 8 month old)

The wife says "You smell like you've been drinking rum"... I say "No, that's brake cleaner... and Killians you smell"

I have to convince my wife that I'm NOT having an affair with the parts guy at the dealership (who she thinks I have a man-crush on....)

Trying to make a trip to the track on our anniversary still a "family vacation".

Figuring out how to mow the lawn in a tire-tread pattern.

EVERY article of clothing you buy has to match the new paint scheme on the bike.

cnsmoore

358000174.jpg

We started at 8pm and at 6am we open the garage which reeks of paint reducer and dos equis. Oh shit....we forgot that both the wives have to work today in order to feed our addiction to "TRACK" Now we have to figure out how were going to stay awake to watch four kids ranging in age from 6mo to 6 years!!!:doh:

dale.b

6. Everytime I think I am finished with the bike, there is one more thing I need to do.
7. All my clothes have oil stains.

vanelli56

8. You start convincing the NEW girlfriend about how much fun it will be to go camping.....*cough cough* at a trackday.

9. You start reminding the NEW girlfriend that the bike was there before her.

10. Start negotiating with the girlfriend that if she wants me to get to know her family, that she needs to get to know the bike.

Meat

11) You start a hierarchy for greasy clothes.
12) You buy so many nitrile gloves that Costco thinks you supply a doctors’ office.

cnsmoore

Keep em coming, my next T DAY is over a month away and these are keeping my spirits up! I think I peed my pants...:eek:

Pipeline714

MY TOP TEN "HOW CAN YOU TELL IT'S TRACK DAY SEASON" LIST

1. You mark on the calendar, months in advance, the days you will allocate to her "Honey-Do" list, and X-out all the days of the week prior to the Track Day as "My getting the bike ready - don't mees with me or ask me to do anything in the evening days!!" :cool:

2. You almost molest the UPS/FedEx driver each time he shows up at your work or house with a package, thinking it might be the next "upgrade" for your bike!

3. You get up in the middle of the night, just to go out to the garage and make sure the bike is alright and still there.

4. Eveyone in the neighborhood give you the finger when you test drive the bike a few days before your track day because of the obnoxiously loud exhaust. Everyone, except those who have bikes of their own and little kids, who give you a big smile and a thumbs-up.

5. Two weeks before Track Day, you step on the scales and wonder if you can loose that extra 10 pounds before you ride so you're suit won't cut off the circulation to your arms and legs when you put it on!

6. Youre American Express/Visa Statement is littered with charges to parts stores, local bike shops/tuning shops, and online bike merchants for all the shit you've bought.

7. You make a more detailed list for everything you need to do before and take with you to Track Day Weekend than you do if you were going on a month long vacation with your family.

8. At the beginning of the year, you start calling all of your buddies who have bike haulers, and find out which ones will let you borrow theirs for your Track Days because you're too cheep or too broke to buy your own.

9. The night before your Track Day, you sleep a total of 1.5 hours, becuase you can't get the image of you flying around the track hitting every apex perfectly & within 2 seconds of the track lap record!

And Finally,

10. You pull into the driveway on November 9th, drop the trailer, tell your buddy "It was a good Track Day Season", walk into the house and your wife/girlfriend says, "WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!!"

cnsmoore

To think, most of us have never met but were all quite the same!

How about when your driving your cage around because the bike is now dedicated, and you begin to approach every turn thinking about entry speed/braking, hitting the apex, and getting on the throttle (oops I meant gas pedal) just a little quicker.

NoBull

cnsmoore;41253 wrote: To think, most of us have never met but were all quite the same!

How about when your driving your cage around because the bike is now dedicated, and you begin to approach every turn thinking about entry speed/braking, hitting the apex, and getting on the throttle (oops I meant gas pedal) just a little quicker.
I do that throughout the year. :D

hank

When you walk anywhere, you actively determine the best line around corners, people, etc.

You justify spending more to get a part available billet aluminum or carbon fiber because by being lighter, the shipping charges will be less....