How fast?

03bueller

Control Rider
So i'm sitting here watching some CCS EX HWSB races for the hell of it and the video looks like it's been speeded up their going so fast. video i'm watching Is this full speed? And how fast are they going on the straight, seems like it takes me twice that long to cover it.

LilRichard

Yup, they're cooking along pretty well. It's amazing to watch Experts... I am amateur this year doing fairly well, but when I watch the Experts run the same tracks I just ask "how in the hell"? Some of their corner entry speeds are just beyond me (for now).

One question, I've never run VIR - how were his lines? To my uneducated eye it looked like he wasn't using 100% of the track... am I wrong?

Gorecki

Yeah, some expert guys make me feel stupid slow! Hell I've seen some novice guys turn darn good laps too!!!

LOrtega

Control Rider
dbakerpa;241346 wrote: I have heard 180s. That is too fast for my old @$$
This guys is rocking but this doesnt sound like a Heavy weight super bike its sounds like he is running a 600 in that class ...
so he is not clipping 180MPH ..

The way he is geared he may be getting into the 140 range... If you listen closely he is not getting into 6th down the straight he gets to 5th carries it only for a short while and then clicks down to 2nd...

That is why out of a few turns it seems the guy in front of him pulls out of the turns faster... then he catches him at the end of long runs...

watch the video again and just listen for shifts... when you really start motoring you should play with sprockets and see what works best at different tracks 1 tooth up in the back and he would be pulling out of the turns better but in a few sports he would have to add an extra shift..

I love wathcing video you can learn more than you can imagine, especially on a track you have never been to :popcorn:

denbsteph

Those guys are crazy fast, cool to be watching from his perspective. The lines those guys were taking were unbelievable, especially coming thru the hog pen.

Meat

LOrtega is right. It sounds like a 600, which it is entirely possible that is is HWSB because HW with CCS are are limited to 750 CC's for an inline 4.

And yea his lines look pretty close to what I try to hit. I just take more time to get a lap in then this guy does.

JRA

denbsteph;241371 wrote: Those guys are crazy fast, cool to be watching from his perspective. The lines those guys were taking were unbelievable, especially coming thru the hog pen.
Unbelievable why? Just curious.

R1Baby

Control Rider
When I ran here for the first time last year, I was in sixth down the straight. Guess I got lucky with the gearing.

dbarufaldi

R1Baby;241378 wrote: When I ran here for the first time last year, I was in sixth down the straight. Guess I got lucky with the gearing.
This guy is either getting to sixth, or he is taking turn 1 in 1st. I count four downshifts at the end of the straight.

denbsteph

JRA:

Maybe I should of been clearer , the speed they were carrying thru those lines. I run similar lines but the speed they were carrying is beyond me at this point. Now the top of the Hog pen, I'm off compared to them. I'm at the top of the outside corner as apposed to the inside. Does this make sense?

The next time we are at North, lets do the Track walk thing again, that was great information.