I want to say thank you

j_fuggin_t

anytime bud!! thats what this sport is about, FAMILY and you my friend are part of my second family, i'm glad amanda was still at the hotel and able to pick up monica & the kids so they didn't have to wait and wonder too much, anything you need you just let us know.

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

I almost ran off the track looking @ the air fence and seeing what looked like the tires of a bike underneath. Then when I pitted in and got all warmers on & gear off I hear the Heli. I was like no way!! Anyway it's good to see you posting on the forums. Speedy recovery to you!

j_fuggin_t

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz;212187 wrote: I almost ran off the track looking @ the air fence and seeing what looked like the tires of a bike underneath.
i should have you bumped back to :i: for this :haha:

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

j_fuggin_t;212222 wrote: i should have you bumped back to :i: for this :haha:
I know I'm not supposed to pay attention to those things but it just was not right. :banghead:
It was red flagged by that time JT so I wasn't @ full speed. :p

racer23

Glad it wasn't worse, after leaving Jims room it was a relief to see you chatting on the phone when Greg and I walked in. Hope surgery goes well and heal up quick!

stkr

Mike,

I was going to try and come see you but in my condition they wouldn't let me leave my room. Last night I got moved downstairs to a regular room, but you were already gone.

We'll have to have the wheelchair races some other day. I did good to just walk down the hall and back this morning. I think this recovery is going to take quite a while.

Heal up Mike. We'll share our details over a beer when we get back together. Plus, we've got to compare notes on all of the hot nurses working at Rockford.
:cool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIGOLO

So I have been home for about 10 days. I listed my injuries on FB, but I'm not friends with everyone so I will share here too. I broke my tib, fib in my ankle. Some other bone can't remember the name of. They put a plate on one side about 4.5" long. And a bolt on the other side about 3" long. I tore my meniscus, ACL, and LCL in my right knee. I broke my L1, and L2 vertabrae. Couple of ribs underneath my left shoulder blade. I sustained a lung contusion, which sux the most. Trying to cough out blood is pretty brutal with back pain. Got the stitches out yesterday, looks like roast beef, but healing. Think the bike hit me, so I'm mad at it, not gonna fix it till it says sorry. Pain meds are no fun, make me puke if I take enough to get rid of pain. I get headaches sporadically, but I think that's normal with a concussion. I have really awesome friends in the motorcycle world, everyone has made me feel pretty loved. I love you all right back. Hope next season I'm not having the same type of conversations, I hate paying attention to my body.

stkr

Thanks for the update. I know what you mean with the pain meds. Mine haven't made me puke yet, but trying to find the balance between pain management and coherent thought is sometimes tough.

My bike hasn't apologized for hitting me either. Cold hearted bastards!

Hang in there and heal up quick. We'll see you next year. Bruised lungs suck ass!

Jim

ronhix

GIGOLO;215259 wrote: So I have been home for about 10 days. I listed my injuries on FB, but I'm not friends with everyone so I will share here too. I broke my tib, fib in my ankle. Some other bone can't remember the name of. They put a plate on one side about 4.5" long. And a bolt on the other side about 3" long. I tore my meniscus, ACL, and LCL in my right knee. I broke my L1, and L2 vertabrae. Couple of ribs underneath my left shoulder blade. I sustained a lung contusion, which sux the most. Trying to cough out blood is pretty brutal with back pain. Got the stitches out yesterday, looks like roast beef, but healing. Think the bike hit me, so I'm mad at it, not gonna fix it till it says sorry. Pain meds are no fun, make me puke if I take enough to get rid of pain. I get headaches sporadically, but I think that's normal with a concussion. I have really awesome friends in the motorcycle world, everyone has made me feel pretty loved. I love you all right back. Hope next season I'm not having the same type of conversations, I hate paying attention to my body.
Thanks for the update, sorry to hear your injuries are many and varied. :(

Since you and I live close by, please let me know if there is anything I can do to help in any way. PM me if you would like.

jigs

GIGOLO;215259 wrote: So I have been home for about 10 days. I listed my injuries on FB, but I'm not friends with everyone so I will share here too. I broke my tib, fib in my ankle. Some other bone can't remember the name of. They put a plate on one side about 4.5" long. And a bolt on the other side about 3" long. I tore my meniscus, ACL, and LCL in my right knee. I broke my L1, and L2 vertabrae. Couple of ribs underneath my left shoulder blade. I sustained a lung contusion, which sux the most. Trying to cough out blood is pretty brutal with back pain. Got the stitches out yesterday, looks like roast beef, but healing. Think the bike hit me, so I'm mad at it, not gonna fix it till it says sorry. Pain meds are no fun, make me puke if I take enough to get rid of pain. I get headaches sporadically, but I think that's normal with a concussion. I have really awesome friends in the motorcycle world, everyone has made me feel pretty loved. I love you all right back. Hope next season I'm not having the same type of conversations, I hate paying attention to my body.
If anyone can get past this...you can Mike....call me anytime if you want to talk...you're young and strong and have good family,love and friendship on your side......all the best...I appreciate you!!

Germany

Dude, you are incredible... You already think of next season, that's the spirit! :adore: For some reasons we never get to ride together...
If you need anything ( except sexual favors.. :notsure:) let me know! Heal up dude! You are strong and you'l be back to normal ( well as close as you were before... :rolleyes:) in no tme!

j_fuggin_t

Love the positive thinking bud, it carries alot of weight in the healing process, you know my number & once we get moved etc.. we're gonna come out for a visit, i'll bring strippers if the ladies leave!! :D

Hitman954

j_fuggin_t;215295 wrote: Love the positive thinking bud, it carries alot of weight in the healing process, you know my number & once we get moved etc.. we're gonna come out for a visit, i'll bring strippers if the ladies leave!! :D
Um I hurt too. Not sure where yet but someone previously mentioned I jump off a roof and land on my ass so if that will get me an invite I'm in!!

stkr

j_fuggin_t;215295 wrote: Love the positive thinking bud, it carries alot of weight in the healing process, you know my number & once we get moved etc.. we're gonna come out for a visit, i'll bring strippers if the ladies leave!! :D
WTF? You never offered to bring me strippers. Thanks a lot Jeff :argh:

:rolleyes:

gkotlin

j_fuggin_t;215295 wrote: Love the positive thinking bud, it carries alot of weight in the healing process
Yes it does. I watched "The Kentucky Kid" daily while I was recuperating. I think the worst thing that I did was meet Dan Ortega :)

I met Dan and a few weeks later he had his big off at Road Atlanta. When he came back and told me he'd ride again, I wasn't so sure. It was a long road for him. But he came back better then before. If I hadn't have met and Dustin before I got hurt, I'm sure I would have thrown in the towel.

Draw inspiration from wherever you can. Lean on those that are here to support you. Know that you can do whatever you want. If you choose not to ride, there is no shame in that.

But we all know you're not smart enough to give up while you're behind :) Look forward to riding with you again soon.

stkr

I'm walking SLOWLY. Doesn't that count? ;)

I see your point though. ;)

j_fuggin_t

stkr;215610 wrote: I'm walking SLOWLY. Doesn't that count? ;)

I see your point though. ;)

plus i'd be afraid the girls might get ya breathin a lil heavy that that could aggravate the ribs :D :haha: