Insurance

JBowen33

Hey everyone. This might be a weird question but some advice would be great. Does anyone have insurance on their track bike ? I would like something to cover total loss but more important theft. Is there insurance company out there that offers such a thing? I have recently converted it to a track only bike because it is boring and not practical to ride on the street for me. I am paying 800 a year right now. I have my motorcycle license, no at fault accidents or speeding tickets and I'm 23 y/o. Rider is what I had on the street but it doesn't cover the state I recently moved to.

borislav

Control Rider
No insurance company will insure track bike as I know (I may be wrong) but many isn. company's will insure it for theft.
Somebody with more knowledge how ins.company's work will chime in just stay tuned!

JBowen33

borislav;296096 wrote: No insurance company will insure track bike as I know (I may be wrong) but many isn. company's will insure it for theft.
Somebody with more knowledge how ins.company's work will chime in just stay tuned!
Haha I hope so. I've been racking my brain on what to do since my insurance is up in January

Blueberry

I have my track bike under my Progressive policy along with my street bike. I have comprehensive ($1k deductible) with that policy (ie theft) and an accessories add-on for $6K to cover all the aftermarket goodies. I wouldn't submit a claim for accidents but in the event of a theft at least I'd recover a good chunk of investment. Peace of mind mainly and for me (40yrs, garage kept) only runs about an extra $120/yr to do so.

If you are doing street/track duty a few companies out there will allow you to make claims for track offs too as long as you indicate the event as rider training and not a timed event/race. State Farm maybe? Or Allstate. Search the forum as it's been discussed. It may be a judgement call and not a certainty though.

D-Swens

Do a search on the WERA forum about this, it has been covered VERY EXTENSIVELY there.

If you are looking just for coverage against theft/loss on a track only bike, I believe you can get an "inland marine" policy that will cover bike + equipment ect.

ceptorman

D-Swens;296099 wrote: Do a search on the WERA forum about this, it has been covered VERY EXTENSIVELY there.

If you are looking just for coverage against theft/loss on a track only bike, I believe you can get an "inland marine" policy that will cover bike + equipment ect.
THIS
David is correct also. There are a few that will insure a track bike as long as it's not a timed event.

yohoho

Check you homeowners or Rental insurance policy, many times these cover theft of your belongings... regardless if it is at your home or apt when stolen. Since the bike is not used "on the road" it may be covered as if it were an ATV, Boat ect.