Is this a proper pass for I group?

erick1670

Nov 5, 2008
I would say no.

It seems that he was working with the CR and since he saw that the CR made the pass before the start of the corner, so he figure could make the pass as the CR did, IMO he was way back.

I can see that you starting to lean onto the corner, as he just getting next to you in the corner.

He probably feels that he was wrong in doing that pass but since you dint crash it was ok:dunno:

upnadam

Jan 9, 2009
Good job on keeping it up. Hopefully said "passer' would not do it again if given the chance. Looks like he(she) was following the CR and didn't get the pass done before you tipped in, honest mistake?

erick1670

Nov 5, 2008
upnadam;146094 wrote: Good job on keeping it up. Hopefully said "passer' would not do it again if given the chance. Looks like he(she) was following the CR and didn't get the pass done before you tipped in, honest mistake?

Honest mistake? I don't know about that from that distance, but hey maybe he dint see the other rider since he/she was working with the CR :dunno:

Fastguy

Oct 9, 2008
I ve never been to putnam and not exactly sure of the line but it does appear that he met and passed you on the inside at the apex.

It also appeared that you had a different line than that of the C/R and the inside passing rider.

geekmug

Mar 30, 2009
That is the entrance to turn 5 at putnam park:

track.gif

The poster of the video is on the racing line. The person putting the pass on him has no business being there, there is no way he could've made the turn without eventually pushing the other guy off the track if they met at the apex like that. Weak sauce.

Bucky Badger

Jul 11, 2008
That is an illegal pass for the I group and would be a VERY questionable pass in the A group, he shouldn't have tried it. Unfortunately when your in the heat of the moment bad decisions get made and this is an example of a bad decision.

Glad to see you kept it up and I hope your leg feels better in the morning.

NickMcCoy

Aug 16, 2009
That was a shitty move, there was no way he was going to get through there cleanly, sometimes you just need to be patient and wait until the next corner. He could have easily braked harder before trying to get up the inside.

erick1670

Nov 5, 2008
Bucky Badger;146111 wrote: That is an illegal pass for the I group and would be a VERY questionable pass in the A group, he shouldn't have tried it. Unfortunately when your in the heat of the moment bad decisions get made and this is an example of a bad decision.

:agree:

NickMcCoy;146112 said:
That was a shitty move, there was no way he was going to get through there cleanly, sometimes you just need to be patient and wait until the next corner. He could have easily braked harder before trying to get up the inside.
:agree:

even I sometimes am not conftreble doing inside passes even if I can make, I just wait to a corner that I am realy good at.

for sure he was way to late at that apex.

Trent1098S

Aug 26, 2008
If what I just watched had happened to me, there would have been a "boot in ass extraction" necessary in the paddock. That's a shitty pass man.

Trent1098S

Aug 26, 2008
PS I've been passed there before on the inside in A group, so yes, it is possible to get passed there, cleanly, but it's dicey unless you're good. Danch got me there (very cleanly), and so did Alan Fedderson, and Steve P.... But those were very clean and I didn't get taken off line.

j_fuggin_t

Feb 2, 2010
well.. the way i see it THAT guy was riding FLAT OUT!!!!! Had he been moved to the fastest run group this would have NEVER happened, was his twitter name ending in speedmaster?? Shit happens & luckily it was a bruise & nothing more.

dmb367

Jul 12, 2008
Did you talk to Fred? Its hard for the staff to correct anything after the fact.

Glad you are ok. Illegal for I, that's for sure

FaceRace98

Jul 21, 2008
Yeah, that was pretty shitty. Glad you kept it up. Sometimes shit just happens on the track, im sure he knows he F'ed up and will hopefully learn from it. I've had this happen sort of thing happen a few times where i miss judge a pass and realiz that im not going to make it without stuffing the other guy. The right thing would have been to continue braking and get it slowed down enough to let u in and wait till the next corner. if i had done that i would have been sure to come and apologise in the pits.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Oct 20, 2008
NJ
Glad you kept it up and it's not a I group pass, I think they were focused on keeping up with the CR to the point were the turn in was miss judged. It's not right in any way, but it does happen....I've raised my level of track awareness.

dbakerpa

Aug 17, 2009
He had a good chance to roll off -that was pretty deep in. But-after meeting alot of riders I am sure he is still kicking himself for that bad and is as glad as you are no one went down. Bet he doesnt do it again. Great job keeping it up.

rk97

Jul 13, 2008
ERB68;146201 wrote: Good on you for keeping it up.

I hope he apologized. He was wrong.
if he hasn't already, this thread isn't exactly going to make it easy on the rider to apologize.

Threads like this serve no constructive purpose. "was this a proper pass for 'I' group?" is a bullshit question.

the OP knows it wasn't, and all this does is make the offending rider look like an asshole.

Maybe he IS an asshole, but I think it's more likely that he made a bad judgment call, realizes it, and felt bad afterward.