Its been a good run and....

ecycle

its not over yet! With Winter upon us I can't help reflecting back on the season just finished and thinking about next season. This time though is kind of a milestone for me having just finished my 10th season of doing trackdays and being with Nesba. 10 yrs ago I asked my wife if she thought it crazy of me at age 55 to be concidering taking a sportbike out on a real race track, something I had dreamed about since I first had a motorized set of wheels when I was 13. The rest is in the history books I guess. First a day in the Beginner class and having then CR and righthand man to the SE director, Brian Johnson ask me after one of those early sessions at CMP "what the heck do you think you are doing out there??" I guess he felt bad about the exchange because he bumped me to Intermediate the next day where I stayed quite happily for the next 2 1/2 yrs. Then along comes Brian again and tells me "Mr. Whitmore, you are having way too much fun out there, go play in A!" After another 2 1/2 yrs I was asked if I would like to be a CR which I have done for the last 5 yrs now.
I will come right out and say that I am much slower now on the track than I was several yrs ago but I feel I'm still a pretty good rider and have a lot of valuable input for those of you working your way through our grouping system, especially fun for me now are the first timers and the Beginner group in general.
I would have to say that these last 10 yrs of my bike riding (almost all of it on the track) have been the best of the last 50. I have had so much fun and made so many good friends at the track. I have been hurt a few times due to crashing but I would do it all over again if given the chance. For me its always been about having a good time while learning to be a better rider. I'm following my own advice and staying in my comfort zone which means going slower now but still having a great time.
I look forward to seeing everyone again next season but I will tell you now I won't be out there as much. With 5 grandkids chasing after me my time on the bike is getting shorter. Actually I hope to be with Nesba for many more yrs but just not in the same role as a full-time CR. We'll see.
Thank you all for being there, my Nesba family means so much too me!
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays guys!

Earle
SECR

Irish01

Earle, you sir are an inspiration :) I remember watching you back in 2009, 2010 and then finally getting an opportunity to talk to you this season at VIR South. During our conversation I kept thinking to myself, "wow, this guy is incredible" You sir have a drive for life that is exemplary in every way! I have mentioned your name more than once in conversations pertaining to how I see my riding passion going and believe me when I say, I shall strive to live up to the example you have set in front of us! Brotha, you are the MAN!

Kenny

Hotbrakes

Earle, I sincerely hope that at least one of my Nesba days next year coincides with one of yours. Always a pleasure to see you at the track and you played a major part in creating a super positive and relaxed atmosphere that has kept me coming back for more. One of my fondest motorcycle memories began in the parking lot in front of the Barber Museum when you and DJ talked me into staying around for some free track time at Barber. I mean, twist my arm why don'y ya? You've been an inspirational role model to me and I hope to pass that along as I pursue further motorcycling endeavors.
See ya soon!

bmrboy

mr earle,when i first met you last summer,vir south i knew you were a cool guy,our conversations during the day and into the late evening still ring quite clear in my mind,i felt very privilaged to meet a man of your standards. we are very close in age,and have
traveled many of the same roads in life and on the roads of this great country we live in.I will be looking forward to our next meeting
hoping to ride with you again,and continue our conversations of our travels.... happy holidays

best reguards, mike grady #62 BMW s-1000 rr

JRA

Earl, what a great post! I really needed that, thanks!

BTW, the rider mentioned to you now has a bike. I'll let you know as it develops so maybe we can get the two of you together.

See you next season!

Perlzuki

Earle my friend!!!!!! Great to hear you will get to ride a few next year. Hope you have a great Christmas & awesome new year. Always enjoyed you being at the track and loved that I was not the oldest CR putting around.

Mark
SE CR #249 ( retired )

dpullen

Always an inspiration, Earl! Not only are you still fast, smooth, and consistent, but you're a machine! See you in 2012, my friend!

bryant#40

Merry Christmas mr. Earle! You're awesome! I remember thinking on a monday afternoon at Roebling Road almost 20 minuets deep into a full paced session fighting to stay on your tail "great, now the pack is breaking away, mr. earle too. He's been leisurely keeping this pace the whole time. wow."

meanstrk

Control Rider
I recall meeting you at CMP a few years ago Earle. We had a blast dicing it up out there with you on the Mille and me on the ZX6. I remember thinking then that I wanted to be able to keep riding like that when I grew up like you. It's always a pleasure to see you in the Paddock and I have always enjoyed our conversations and I most definately look forward to more of that in the future! Merry Christmas Earle!

Rick Johnson

Merry Christmas my friend!! Santa's getting me a freshly rebuilt motor by Brian Livengood for my 08 gsxr 1000. Santa being me. lol

DFlowe

Earle,
You're one of the reasons NESBA Southeast is so great! I was happy to have many "riding lessons" from you in the past and I hope you'll continue to give me many more lessons in years to come.

I too look forward to the 2012 season. It's funny how kinda don't mind a little break in the off-season, but you're ready to go again by New Years.

Merry Christmas,

darren graveel

Merry Christmas Earle

Glad you will be riding as a CR next year. It will be easier riding then chasing those five grand kids.
Charla and I wish you and your family a happy Holiday Season.

ecycle

I can't think of a better Christmas present than being reminded of the different meetings and riding with you guys. Thanks so much!

Earle
SECR