JC: Awesome!!..except for GFs crash

slowpoke

Thanks to the NESBA team for an amazing weekend at JC. Very light crowd in 'I' which pretty much made the weekend an SED with TONS of CR feedback and wide open track. Met some great new people and congrats to Larry and John on the bump to 'I'. Was watching you guys earlier at Turn 1 and you were both railing out there!

Geoff - thanks for the lesson on how to change tires and Moon came through big with a last minute save for me.

All the CRs worked with me a ton and were able to shave 6 seconds off my time especially DAle and Geoff and it felt so good to see that kind of improvement on a tough track.

CR Will, my GF and I really appreciated the attempt at a motorcycle lesson for Liz on your pit bike; alhtough i'm still catching shit for her 'high-side' into the bushes. If only she would have pulled the clutch back in instead of WOT and bushes, 'here i come!
Since she's never even riddden a bicycle it's going to be tough to teach her, but she wants to ride with Kim. Maybe a pit-bike with training wheels OR a scooter? Either way, i'm still catching hell for it b/c somehow it was all my fault that she crashed:haha:

Thanks again Guys and Katie!:congrats:

slowpoke

NorthernYankee;74076 wrote: Sounds like you had a good weekend!!

And remember its always your fault:rtfm:

You gonna be at Lightning this weekend?
yep - doing sat/sun and Liz will be there without our grumpy-ass dog this time.

and yes, i shouldn't have been surprised by the blame.

slowpoke

Nudist;74428 wrote: Chris was nice chatting with you while we waited out the rain
likewise!- even though it was raining it was cool to just hang out with the guys and talk bikes.

slowpoke

lemondrop;74446 wrote: hahahahaha...i think i saw you guys beginning the lesson as we were rolling out!!

yep - that was her and the bushes at the end of the paddock are were she met her demise and is to blame for her 'headaches' everynight since.

any suggestions on teaching her to ride? are training wheels the way to go or should i start her on a bicycle first?

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
I recommend tricycle!

Actually, if you are serious, I HIGHLY recommend the MSF. That is were I first threw my leg over a bike. And it is FREE for PA residents!!! (well, as least 8 years ago it was free for PA residents). Pitbikes typically have a very small friction zone, so it is tough to teach the feeling of a clutch.

Vitamin_J

That is some seriously funny stuff. Chris, bring the dog this weekend. I'll have an extra hamburger on the grill for SPOT!

Countdown is on!

rk97

lemondrop;74484 wrote:
Actually, if you are serious, I HIGHLY recommend the MSF.
totally agree. I must admit, I didn't take the MSF course (tried. my seat got stolen, and i told the lady to eff herself.), but my wife is taking it in September.

our relationship does not need the strain of me trying to TEACH her anything. I had her riding my 500 up the drive way, and she was actually doing great. no throttle/brake/clutch mistakes to speak of. But she was pulling it into the garage, and the floor was slick. down she went ...and my wife too :p

luckily for everyone, the damage was minimal. Sara burnt her leg a little, and my clutch lever snapped, but other than that, zero damage. not even a scratch. Even so, it only takes one of those incidents to ruin your credibility as a teacher.

slowpoke

Good call on MSF - yeah i wasnt about to give any instruction to her so i let a friend do my dirty work thinking i'd be off the hook if she crashed but instead i'm spending a bit more time on the couch than i should be admitting publicly.:confused:

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
MSF is still free in PA. http://www.pamsp.com/CourseLookup.aspx Just sign up and show up. We provide bikes and helmets if needed. Classes all over the place. 99% of the instructors are cool and love teaching people how to ride. Women who have never riden before are the easiest to teach. They listen and are a blank slate.

needasixr

Didn't know your girlfriend crashed the pit bike...
That may explain the look when you suggested camping at Beaver. Hopefully she doesn't dismember you before I get up there Sunday. Look forward to following you around in the I group. Thanks for the kind words too. John, Matt, and I had a blast Sunday afternoon.

Control Rider
N2
Best way to teach a kid to ride : Get a 2 wheel scooter…this will teach balance. Have them ride this around a bit until they get the hang of it. Then, get a bicycle and roll them down a hill…no pedals yet, just let them coast on their own learning to balance. Then add pedals…done! You can teach just about any 3-6 year old to ride with no training wheels in about 12 mins. (seriously)

Chris, I will have the pit bike at NJMP this weekend if she is ready for another attempt!

slowpoke

R9935th;74952 wrote: Best way to teach a kid to ride : Get a 2 wheel scooter…this will teach balance. Have them ride this around a bit until they get the hang of it. Then, get a bicycle and roll them down a hill…no pedals yet, just let them coast on their own learning to balance. Then add pedals…done! You can teach just about any 3-6 year old to ride with no training wheels in about 12 mins. (seriously)

Chris, I will have the pit bike at NJMP this weekend if she is ready for another attempt!
I'd love to see her try again, but i'm not allowed to bring it up again. it's become a banned topic and she gets especially pissed when she looks at her bruised knee and i start laughing my ass off. i try reassuring her that i'm laughing with her not at her.

she trusts you more than me so let's see if you can get her back in the saddle.