Just curious..

I am sitting here watching The Walking Dead marathon waiting for the season premier and looked out the window as i heard something that got my attention. Down the street rolls one of those new can am 3 wheelers..i think there neat..i don't want one but they look pretty cool...it just made me think what is the rule if someone that owns one of those wanted to do a track day ? Have any of you ever seen one at a track day ?

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Well, my dad (going on 80) has one and I've ridden it once. Don't want to ever get on/in it again. Thinking of trying to get it around a track makes me cringe - and the straights? That thing is so friggin twitchy at any speed it's amazing. For him it's a great vehicle - and he probably never goes over 50mph.

I can't imagine it being safe to have one on the track in anything more than intro for a couple of sessions. I could obviously be wrong.

KN53

Im not advertising for the competition to N2, but there are groups that do "Non sport bike" track days. Can take a Goldwing or just about anything there. Id check with one of them maybe

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, agree with D-Zum. Although classified as such, I don't think they belong on the track with other motorcycles, even a "non-sportbike" day. I think it would be fun to ride one on a closed course, but with other can-ams.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
After visiting the IOM tt last summer my wife was convinced she wanted us to get a sidecar bike so she could be the monkey. Posed the question to Rob who asked around and the answer from the authorities on the subject was NO. Mixing two wheels with anything else just doesn't work. It was the answer I was expecting but I told her I'd ask anyway.