Ken Hill Mastery Class

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Be great to hear about your experience at his course
Just completed the 2 day masterclass with KH.
Was an outstanding time, had a lot of fun, and got a ton of takeaways to use.
KH is really consistent with his message and approach, so everything you listen to in his podcast is exactly what he says in the class.
The benefit of being in person with him, is being able to bend his ear on any questions you might have or get a different explanation more relevant to your experience to better help get you over whatever is holding you back.
It was also an opportunity to get a 2up ride with him. I have previously ridden 2up with Chris Peris, and a couple things always stand out about these rides...
1. The brake pressure at lean is a substantial and progressive all the way to the slowest point of the corner no matter where we entered from.
2. The first 5% of throttle on exit is beyond smooth, and that's on ever single exit. You can practice being smooth, you can have some report card items to gauge how you're doing, but you'll be really impressed with just how smooth you truly can be when you ride with these guys sharing the same time and space.

Overall, I highly recommend the course.
The only thing I wish we could have done was some lead-follow video review similar to what we did in champ school. I would have loved to get a recording of KH's review of a lap or 2.

53693897433_10a0330406.jpg

Last edited:

MK3Brent

Treebeard
I'm envious!

Two up rides with a pro are excellent.

South course is the best course!

Really glad that you had a good time and got a lot out of it.

How much ride time? How many groups and people in each?
~24 students split equally into 2 groups. (Less experienced riders and more experienced riders.)
The schedule was 45min of open track to come and go as you please, then alternate to the classroom for another 45min with KH.
The number of coaches to riders was about 1:2 which was great for development over the entire day. (We also had some sweeper coaches that weren't assigned to specific riders, so they could work with you too.)

I paddocked next to Josh Baird who rides in Motoamerica (super hooligans).
We met last year at the AirFence Fundraiser and he was a great resource to chat with.
He was one of our coaches for this even as well. Very knowledgeable rider! We both share a love for our upright naked bikes.

With my current physical fitness, it was impossible for me to fully utilize the time on track. I did my usual 15-20min of riding, then debriefed.
My goals were to get back up to speed since my crash in September, and to work on my consistency through the fishhook. After feeling like I made good improvement on those two on day one, I focused strictly on getting to and away from the slow point of the corner as proficiently as possible on day two. :cool:

Jacob

‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
KH is really consistent with his message and approach, so everything you listen to in his podcast is exactly what he says in the class.
The benefit of being in person with him, is being able to bend his ear on any questions you might have or get a different explanation more relevant to your experience to better help get you over whatever is holding you back.
It was also an opportunity to get a 2up ride with him. I have previously ridden 2up with Chris Peris, and a couple things always stand out about these rides...
1. The brake pressure at lean is a substantial and progressive all the way to the slowest point of the corner no matter where we entered from.
2. The first 5% of throttle on exit is beyond smooth, and that's on ever single exit. You can practice being smooth, you can have some report card items to gauge how you're doing, but you'll be really impressed with just how smooth you truly can be when you ride with these guys sharing the same time and space.

The only thing I wish we could have done was some lead-follow video review similar to what we did in champ school. I would have loved to get a recording of KH's review of a lap or 2.

Sounds awesome, I'm jealous. That 2up experience sounds wild. It's one thing to hear or watch or read how the fast guys handle brakes and throttle input, feeling it has got to be something else.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Sounds awesome, I'm jealous. That 2up experience sounds wild. It's one thing to hear or watch or read how the fast guys handle brakes and throttle input, feeling it has got to be something else.
I highly recommend YCRS as well. You’ll get a 2up ride there as well. :squid:

Axis

Did you get good feedback on your riding?
Would you go again for a second class?
Thanks

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Did you get good feedback on your riding?
Would you go again for a second class?
Thanks
I got fine feedback from the coaches on track. They are coaches with Precision trackdays normally.
KH would remain in the classroom and cover more material when we came back in. I’d like to actually ride with him if I did it again. So to answer your question, yeah I think I would do it again. Either that or pay for 1:1 coaching with one of the other coaches there who race motoamerica.