Later in the year cost?

ZeroBahamutxRR

What is the deal with the price of the track days later in the year being more? I'm not bitching, just wondering. Is it because of a lighter expected crowd?

rk97

example? the past dates disappear from the schedule, so there's no basis for comparison.

my guess is:

you're seeing a late fee for an event that's less than 2 weeks out

or
you rode a given track on a Friday/Monday earlier this year, and now the next one scheduled is a weekend date, and costs more(?)

rk97

As a general rule, yes. There are probably a few exceptions to that rule (Mid-Ohio?), but it's simple supply and demand for most tracks. There are a lot fewer riders who will take off work mid-week to ride, so the price drops.

Also watch that you're not expected the multi-day discount on a single day. If you book any 2 days back-to-back, the second day is $10 cheaper. So if you book the same track later, but only 1 day, it's going to look like it's more; when in reality, you just got a discount the first time around.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I'm not seeing the issue.

All the tracks in the Oct/Nov. dates listed are the same prices in the Fall as they were the rest of the season.

But look at the tracks listed in Oct/Nov. The ONLY date that's not an AMA or former AMA track is VIR Patriot. There's no Beaver Run, Summit Jefferson or Black Hawk Farms dates to be found. And I would think that most of that is climate related. In October things are starting to get a little frosty north and west of the Mason/Dixon line. Daylight in the later afternoon sessions becomes an issue, too.

Barber's always a lot of fun in November, but the back section's a bit difficult after about 3pm. Turns 7/8 by the museum you come though and onto the back straight completely blinded by the sun directly into your eyes.

So the dates in the latter part of the year are more "premier tracks" and if you want to golf at Augusta, you gotta pay the green fees.

And for a schedule that looked kind of sparse when it was released last Winter..this NESBA season's turned out to be pretty damned good in my humble opinion. I give a BIG thumbs up for their efforts to all the Directors.

ZeroBahamutxRR

I did not look close enough. The date in question was one that I've always gone to on a Monday. Then looked future in the year and noticed it was more money. Then posted the original question. I then looked back and realized the more expensive date was on a sunday not monday. My bad for not looking close enough.

JRA

Track rental rates are cheaper on weekdays. Weekend rates are more expensive so the price reflects that. Just about every track has a different policy...Tues-Thurs may be one rate, Fri or Mon another rate, and Sat/Sun still another rate. Some tracks charge more (or sometimes less) based on the season. NESBA tries to be consistent in the pricing of trackdays, but if you see one rate for one day, and another rate for the next day (or for a different event altogether) it's because the club is being charged differently for the days in question. It has nothing to do with attendance expectations at all.