Lawyers/Prosecutors/Judges out there?

rk97

this thread may be a good reason to start an "off-topic" section... sorry admins.

I'm not looking for legal advice, but if anyone is in a legal profession, Please send me a PM (which we can do now with the new forum!), or email me at radakchr (at) yahoo.com

Thanks!

- Chris

crashtd

I have a J.D. Chris, but not currently licensed to practice law. Shoot me a PM, maybe I can steer you in the right direction.

crashtd

ouch. jeez Katie, it usually takes people a least a couple of minutes to figure out I have a huge ego. :p

rk97

Katie - it's not that they think so highly of themselves, it's that they're trained (and in practice) at convincing people they're right.:D

I'm hoping to do the law-school thing next year. It's in my nature to argue... may as well be paid for it.

rk97

field of law matters a lot too. the ambulance chasers and divorce lawyers have different motivation than the prosecutors and public-defenders of the world.

I'm looking more at the criminal side, myself - but there's a lot more money in civil...

crashtd

Katie, I'll be at Beaver on Saturday trying to change that perception for the people pitting next to me.

Katie785

lol... okay... Like Chris said - I'm dealing with personal injury lawyers... im sure completely different than the other side of things.. I'm sure you're not one of "those" lawyers

crashtd

the key with PI lawyers is that they are a lot like slinkies: they're not really useful for anything, but you get a good chuckle when you kick them down a flight of stairs.

rk97

^ see, that's what you really learn in law school!

i've only met one 2 PI lawyers, and they were suing each other! I was a juror.