Lean.In - My trackbike thread

jfeagin

Lean.In.;183403 wrote: Couple of pics from my first weekend...Nashville.

...snip...

Riding the track is better than sex.....
OK, take a deep breath. Now let it out. You'll get over it. :cool:

noobinacan

you're doing great dude. you're body position is looking good starting out...
But, you need to be on the ball of your feet...like you're always on your toes trying to reach higher.

go sit on your bike in the garage on the rear stand...and put balls of your feet on edge of the peg and bum all the way back in the seat.

see you at RA.

Lean.In.

Noob, which picture are you referring to (if you are specifically)? It looks like the balls of my feet are on the pegs, and out of habit, Im pretty sure I do. BUT, one thing I know I have to work on is getting my chest to the tank and getting off the bike more. For sure, still a lot of work to do.

thanks for the compliments though man, CANT WAIT FOR RA!

ontheR6

Lean.In.;175758 wrote: Yeah I looked at that one. Im looking for one thats deeper than that, and preferably metal, but most are plastic so Ill have to deal with that I think. Also, on a side note, that box is the exact same box that Husky has at Home Depot. I thought that was strange but I guess thats just the business peoples makin money. Home Depot had a cool box by Stanley that was a roll around (like a small suit case) that kinda hinged like a tackle box, but in the "closed" position it wasnt very secure...very cheesily built. Great idea, but a piece of crap IMO.
I ended up getting the Stanley from home depot, i did notice what u r refering to, i looked through the pile they had and found one that came together nicely.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100624570/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
I love the concept, deep bottom part for large items as well as a normal sized tool box that disconnects easily, plus it is on wheels.
i will be using it for the first time this season, i hope i didn't make a dumb move :doh:

ontheR6

DAV_2541.jpg

KEN_4669.jpg

KEN_1891.jpg

KEN_1985.jpg

Looking really good!!!!
Well done, entertaining thread!

TeamBeer

I just bought a Craftsman set. The toolbox isn't too bad, but it is plastics and it has cheap plastic trays for the tools. The problem is that as soon as you pick it up most of the tools come out of their little slots. I think I will take the trays out and just keep them sorted by SAE and metric.

I like the looks of that Stanley toolbox.

Landshark

Control Rider

DAV_2541.jpg

KEN_1985.jpg

Congrats on making it to the track. Pictures are a snapshot that only tell you what is in frame. Many things could be going on outside what the pic shows and therefore makes internet feedback somewhat a guess.
That said, I'd say you look pretty square in the saddle (in a bad way). You may want to look at the first pic you show and notice the rider behind you. That rider appears to be at the same pace and turning as tight as you yet has far less lean angle. As you pick up the pace you will need to lean that bike more to hold the same line. If you continue to remain square in the saddle you'll probably exceed the traction you have available.
You can see the rider behind you is seated with the edge of the saddle in the middle of his butt-ox. You might be close but not as easily seen due to the point of view. The biggest different is the upper body. You could reduce some of that lean by moving your head and shoulders over until the breast bone is at the edge of the tank. This will place your head some place close to in line with your hand on the bar.

I'm in no way picking you apart. I'm merely pointing out what the picture shows and what could be different. You should see some pictures that have been taken of me. I have tons that look just like that. Often I'm just being lazy or as mentioned something out of the frame has made me react.

Have fun.

Lean.In.

Landshark;183486 wrote: Congrats on making it to the track. Pictures are a snapshot that only tell you what is in frame. Many things could be going on outside what the pic shows and therefore makes internet feedback somewhat a guess.
That said, I'd say you look pretty square in the saddle (in a bad way). You may want to look at the first pic you show and notice the rider behind you. That rider appears to be at the same pace and turning as tight as you yet has far less lean angle. As you pick up the pace you will need to lean that bike more to hold the same line. If you continue to remain square in the saddle you'll probably exceed the traction you have available.
You can see the rider behind you is seated with the edge of the saddle in the middle of his butt-ox. You might be close but not as easily seen due to the point of view. The biggest different is the upper body. You could reduce some of that lean by moving your head and shoulders over until the breast bone is at the edge of the tank. This will place your head some place close to in line with your hand on the bar.

I'm in no way picking you apart. I'm merely pointing out what the picture shows and what could be different. You should see some pictures that have been taken of me. I have tons that look just like that. Often I'm just being lazy or as mentioned something out of the frame has made me react.

Have fun.
No problem man, thanks for the feedback...I believe you are absolutely right though. When I was riding I felt like I was way off the bike then I saw these pics...NOT EVEN CLOSE! I have to get my ass way off, get my chest to the tank, head where the "mirror" is, and then Ill be doing better. I completely agree with you.

Lean.In.

Seems I have a rebound problem?? I dont know for sure, this is an assumption from reading the interwebz. What do you all think? Lip at the front, worn out at the back of the wear indicators.

Tirewear.jpg

From the left side of the tire (rotation is CCW in this pic)
IMG00311-20110616-1704.jpg

No wear indicators between the center and edge on the right side!!!
IMG00312-20110616-1708.jpg

Is this a suspension setting issue or nothing? Ive only done 3 weekends, and the bike felt perfectly stable to me....but I may not be experienced enough to "feel" a problem yet.......

Thanks,

Otto

Xiong675

I beleive that is a rebound valving problem (if you're still on the stock shock). Nothing you can really do besides get it re-valved for your style riding but do correct me if i'm wrong.