Light lowside now steering isn't right suggestions?

JBowen33

May 6, 2013
New Orleans LA
I had a "light lowside" alittle bit ago. So light I didn't bend a clip on and didn't even hit body work because the peg and my leg broke it's fall. I originally thought my clip ons were bent since when I get back on the bike my hands "wernt even" with each other in height or at the same angle. In my attempt to fix it I bought brand new clips on and same problem. Any suggestions?

Dave561

Control Rider
Apr 25, 2014
The tubes can spin in the triples. Loosen the lower triple pinch bolts bounce it a few times and tighten it up. If it still is off could be another issue, but I would start there.

jcrich

Jul 12, 2008
MCO
Dave561;301167 wrote: The tubes can spin in the triples. Loosen the lower triple pinch bolts bounce it a few times and tighten it up. If it still is off could be another issue, but I would start there.
What Dave said and if that is not it, onto the steering head bearings.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Oct 20, 2008
NJ
+3 to what Dave said, mark your triple tree and clip-ons so when this happens again you'll know it's off line.

nokturnal

Feb 6, 2014
If it were me I would take the forks right out and reinstall to make sure everything was good... more of a PIA than the bounce method, but you only need to do it once.

JBowen33

May 6, 2013
New Orleans LA
Thanks everyone for the help. I tried the bounce method you suggested Dave and this might sounds stupid but idk if I'm doing it right. I have been looking on this repair online and everyone seems to hear a crack or sound when the forks snap back I place but nothing is happening. I hate doing this but I think I might just take it to the dealer and pray that it isn't to expensive.