Looking for a little help/advice

Mikey75702

Jun 21, 2009
Biggest piece of advice I can give (since I haven't been able to get out for almost 2 years now) is to go see the CR's BEFORE you hit the track... If you can't find one, see the director, and he will point you to one... If you go before the session and ask for advice on things to work on, they can plan to work with you longer than if you just ask after the session... I was stuck in B, thinking I was fast, dragging my toes around corners wondering why I couldn't make the bump to I even though I was fast enough.... But when I started to go ask the CR's for help before the session they were able to figure out what the most important thing for me to work on was at that point. Some days it was body position, some days lines... Most of the time it was me needing to create the correct reference points in order to be consistent enough to actually fix the other things. And when you go out to work on something, ride even slower than you normally do, so that you can really focus on that one thing you are working on. The CR's are a great resource, but like Dzum pointed out, you have to use them correctly.... So if you know what you are having a problem with, you can ask for specific advice on that topic, or if you ask before the session they can determine what the best thing for you to work on is.