Looking for pic of a laptimer set-up

nodakgus

Looking for a good pic of an XT laptimer setup on an 07-08 ZX-6R. I am trying to decide where to place mine.:notsure:

dbakerpa

I bent a piece of 3/32 aluminum and riveted it to the body work at the top edge just below and slightly in front of the bar. Rubber between the metal and aluminum and then velcro and a zip tie to attach the reciever. Ran the wire through the triple and then velcro on the tank and display.
Hope that paints a pic they wont let me post a pic.

Twiztedjester55

Not a Kawi but here is how I have mine set up on my GSXR.
SummitPoint4thofJulyWeekend2010127.jpg

I have the display velcroed on top of the transmitter and then the transmitter is velcroed to my tail. I also drilled two holes in the top of the tail and run a zip tie around the laptimer to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

justintime_3

I bought the mounting bracket for the display that mounts to your fork tubes off of the wera forum and I just have the beacon setting on the fairing with velcro on the left or the right side whatever side the actual beacon is on at the track. I can go snap a pic and text it to you if you would like.

nodakgus

justintime_3;170916 wrote: I bought the mounting bracket for the display that mounts to your fork tubes off of the wera forum and I just have the beacon setting on the fairing with velcro on the left or the right side whatever side the actual beacon is on at the track. I can go snap a pic and text it to you if you would like.
A pic of where/how you have the beacon would be great. That is what I am trying to determine. The upper fairing underneath the handle bars and stretching forward isn't as flat as I wish it were to mount. I suppose I can duct tape it down too.

trailmug

I prefer the tail cowl mount as well. I figured I don't need to be looking at the display on-track, and it'd be pretty hard for another bike to block the signal. I stuff the display in the stock tail. :)

BigBird

nodakgus;170918 wrote: A pic of where/how you have the beacon would be great. That is what I am trying to determine. The upper fairing underneath the handle bars and stretching forward isn't as flat as I wish it were to mount. I suppose I can duct tape it down too.
it works there. just velcro it