Low Side at the Fish hook, Saturday VIR South

denbsteph

Sep 5, 2011
I spoke with the rider who went down in front of me at the fish hook, he wanted to know if I caught it on video. I did record it, anyone know his NESBA site name? :dunno:

bradvanhorn

Jul 5, 2011
Norfolk, VA
I don't know for sure... seemed quite a few went down there Sat. Was it the green/orange bike (tree frog)? That's "Otto Man" on the forum I think.

midRRider

Jul 2, 2012
That would be me. Post it up!

Grey 600RR with yellow front fender. We spoke at the tech station.

bradvanhorn

Jul 5, 2011
Norfolk, VA
denbsteph;246850 wrote: It was the second session in "B" group, I should of clarified.
Ah, your new "I" status threw me off :) I remember that incident. You must've been in front of me for that one if you caught it on video because when I came through the fish hook the down bike was just sliding to a stop. And, I had just seen a rider go off track in turn 2. That lap was ominous...

midRRider, hope everything is ok with you and the bike.

denbsteph

Sep 5, 2011
bradvanhorn;246861 wrote: Ah, your new "I" status threw me off :) I remember that incident. You must've been in front of me for that one if you caught it on video because when I came through the fish hook the down bike was just sliding to a stop. And, I had just seen a rider go off track in turn 2. That lap was ominous...

midRRider, hope everything is ok with you and the bike.
Where you riding the BMW?

bradvanhorn

Jul 5, 2011
Norfolk, VA
denbsteph;246901 wrote: Where you riding the BMW?
I was on the red Speed Triple. I ended up behind the BMW after you passed him. Watching the video clip you posted I now remember seeing you run off while the other bike was sliding. I was wondering what happened and the video clip surely provided the answer.

denbsteph

Sep 5, 2011
I'm glad dude is alright. This is a high risk sport and it's not a matter of IF it's WHEN. I could of tucked inside and went around him, but I was pretty sure I had put a little bit of distance between the BMW and who ever else was chasing him, but I can tell by your post, it wasn't that much distance. Everything worked out regardless.

denbsteph

Sep 5, 2011
andykurz;246905 wrote: Great evasive maneuver. That was pretty close!

Glad everyone was OK.
Thanks for the compliment, but it wasn't great, just enough :eek:. Close, ya I'll agree with that, I slowed it down on the GO-PRO and it was a lot closer than I would of liked it to be :eek:

midRRider

Jul 2, 2012
It seemed pretty close from the ground looking up too. I'm just glad someone that knew what they were doing was behind me. Falling is one thing but I'd be pissed if I ended up taking someone else out with me.

denbsteph

Sep 5, 2011
midRRider;246924 wrote: It seemed pretty close from the ground looking up too. I'm just glad someone that knew what they were doing was behind me. Falling is one thing but I'd be pissed if I ended up taking someone else out with me.
It's all good man, you'll do the same thing without thinking, it's a natural reaction for us RIDERS!! Now cagers, they are a different animal all together, talking on their freaking cell phones, putting on make up (both male and female), drinking coffee, stuffing McMuffin's in that fat fucking pie hole in the middle of their face, texting and just not paying attention.......... :banghead: Sorry for the rant. Cagers just piss me off :argh: The man thing is, ALL OF US during that session came out on the winning end of things...... we rode another session

Don't beat yourself up, it's all good ;)

Dennis