Mid-West Members! The Yamaha Demo Fleet Is Coming To You!

gkotlin

It's almost here! As of now this is the only time the Yamaha Demo Program will make it's way to the Mid-West this year. Don't miss out on this great opportunity! Come out and ride the new Yamaha fleet on the premiere mid-western track. Wisconsin's Road America, the very same track your favorite racers will do battle on next month. Nesba's partnership with Yamaha provides you the chance to experience Yamaha's motorcycles in the environment they were designed for. Make a day of the experience and bring your friends! Come up just for this unique experience or utilize one of your track day sessions to test drive the 2011 Yamaha's. You do not need to be a Nesba member to take advantage of the demo program. See the link below to register for your spot and get more information.

http://www.nesba.com/Info/YamahaDemo.htm

Corsair

New guy question-- is this an A group-only program? Except for the times available before 9:00 AM, which conflict with the B/I info sessions, all the other available times are at the top of the hour which would run with the A group. Just curious how it works for the on-track ride.

beac83

8-9 is for non-member riders. After the day starts at 9, you will go out with your group (B, I, or A). This is a revision to policy made after the demo run earlier this year at Road Atlanta. Check the Southeast Forum for details.

Hitman954

j_fuggin_t;189618 wrote: i give it till the 3rd session until someone goes into a corner too hot on the r1 LOL :D
Sounds like someone did at NJMP. Ouch!! I had a blast on the R6 at Putnam. I want to but doubt I will ride one at Road America. The track is just to fast for me to be on anything but my bike. I have to be comoftable on said track to be borrowing someone's bike for a session.

j_fuggin_t

Hitman954;189630 wrote: Sounds like someone did at NJMP. Ouch!! I had a blast on the R6 at Putnam. I want to but doubt I will ride one at Road America. The track is just to fast for me to be on anything but my bike. I have to be comoftable on said track to be borrowing someone's bike for a session.
yea i've got to the point where i'd rather just rock my own bike and get better, rather than waste a session :dunno:

27Ducati

I guess it's about time I try something new. :idea: Looking forward to trying a new R6 vs. my 2000 model. :doh:

Kegger

Too bad about the midwest riders track record of crashing these demo bikes. At least with the attainable speeds to be had at RA the incidents will be spectacular.
hiding.gif

j_fuggin_t

Kegger;189754 wrote: Too bad about the midwest riders track record of crashing these demo bikes. At least with the attainable speeds to be had at RA the incidents will be spectacular.
hiding.gif
:haha: i think we're being instigators here kegger :D

Kegger

j_fuggin_t;189790 wrote: :haha: i think we're being instigators here kegger :D
Not really. Its a test ride, not a race. "Ride it like you have 35 remaining monthly payments" should be the mindset!;)

j_fuggin_t

Kegger;189792 wrote: Not really. Its a test ride, not a race. "Ride it like you have 35 remaining monthly payments" should be the mindset!;)
very true.. most will try to throw down equal lap times on them lol

S3aturnR

signed up for demo ride on the r1 on tuesday. i will make my best attempt to keep the shiny side up...

s3aturnr

GBCBR

I did this the last time Yamaha came to Road America and had a blast on the then new R1. Just drive within your limits and remember that Yamaha is spending big $ to showcase their bikes to us. This is a great way to demo the new technology compared to most of our older bikes.

tofstfouru

Also signed up for Mon on the new R1, I as well will also be keeping the shiny side up. Would not be able to watch a 2011 slide down the track just isn't right.

Cooly0

Thinking back a few weeks now. I think I signed up for 8:45. Obviously, being in B, I won't be able to do that. I tried resubmitting for a new time, but it says I am already signed-up for that bike. How do you change times? I do not see an e-mail address.

Steamer

Talk to the Demo crew that morning, explain your situation I'm sure they will be able to work you in later in the day. The Demo crew is a great bunch. Wish I was going to be there. I wanted to do this event, but got called in for jury duty.