Motor Homes

Shinobi

I was wondering which motor home you guys like best?

One which allows for "Bike/Gear storage as well

Looking around on the internet for things with the most bang for your buck? Thank You...need a clue or 2 on this

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I think most of us are Toy Hauler fans.

Motor homes are a lot of money put out for a motor you really use all that much.

Besides, if you buy a motorhome and trailer, and when you're camping you need to go to town to get stuff, what are you going
to drive? If you have a truck/toy hauler combination..you can park your hauler, and still drive the truck into town to the grocery store.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Funny this topic came up - I was going to start my toy hauler adventure thread in the next week or two. So... I'll add in my two cents then...on a different thread, to make it as confusing as possible. :D

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I think most of us are Toy Hauler fans.

Motor homes are a lot of money put out for a motor you really use all that much.

Besides, if you buy a motorhome and trailer, and when you're camping you need to go to town to get stuff, what are you going
to drive? If you have a truck/toy hauler combination..you can park your hauler, and still drive the truck into town to the grocery store.

You're driving a house on wheels, why would you need to go to the grocery store? That argument never held much weight in my opinion.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
True but if the event is not the destination, being able to unhook and go into town is a bonus. We've used ours for more than just the track and it's nice to be able to go do the sightseeing in the "smaller" vehicle. As if a crew cab dually should ever be noted as small

fclark00

I have had a toy hauler and we traded it for a class C motorhome. I pull the bikes with a small trailer with the class c. We like the motorhome the best because you have access to everything in it while you driving down the road. If you want to make a sandwich or play the ps4 its all right there. If you are going to be going on trips frequently and for long distances its nice to have access to the RV while you are driving. It can tow a car as well or scooter if we need to go somewhere after we setup. Both are great though it just depends on what you use it for.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I think there are definitely pros and cons to each. You really need to figure out how you will be using it and what you want to get out of it. Right now I am just pulling a small enclosed trailer but when I eventually go big I will do a full size truck and toy hauler. I like the flexibilty to use the truck for other things.

fowlplayracing

Steve
Control Rider
Otto Man once said to me he liked the ability to load up all his stuff and just leave/store it in his 5th wheel. I do the same thing with my custom 7x16 enclosed (put a kitchenette in it), but I have used it a couple of times to help family move. I'm with Dave561 and the ability to unhook and drive away. Once parked it at a camp site then the next day drove the truck 10 miles away to hike a mountain and returned to "camp" some more. Like adotjdot said, it really depends what else YOU intend to do with it.

andykurz

Real men sleep in a 6x12 enclosed trailer. If that is unsatisfactory to you, you should drink more. Just drink enough that the 6x12 seems like a great idea at the time. Going to the bathroom is easy, just open the side door and blast away. Contrarily, during the day, open the door to your tow vehicle and go behind that. There are kids around.

The only drawback is that much of the ceiling is held together with self-tapping sheet metal screws that stick out. They will cut you. Think of it this way: if you make it through the year with only a few gouges from sheet metal screws, it was a pretty good year.

03bueller

Control Rider
Best of both worlds, just go buy a class 8 motorhome hauling your stacker trailer with your sports cars in it :)

CBRtist

I have an all inclusive toy hauler. As been said... HUGE PITA to not be able to unhook and just go someplace in another vehicle. Once you are there, you are pretty much stuck there. And for vacation, we need to drive two separate vehicles... which highly sucks, especially since I have to drive the RV and put many drivers and pedestrians at danger doing so :oops:

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
The important thing is having a good tow vehicle and a free place to keep it. I borrow the truck from a co-worker and shove it back next to my house.20140508_135246.jpeg20140510_105226_1.jpeg