MW Refunds

Nesba

All refunds will be executed as per the riders manual with the exception of Elite Memberships, those will be processed on pro-rated system.

Please refer to the riders manual for additional details.

Derick

yeah so it looks like NESBA just took a big ole crap on all its loyal members. I would like to think that a class action suit would be in order here.

Nesba

Ensure you read the manual completely. You have the ability to sell any credits to any member. We are waiving any transfer fees.

denbsteph

I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up. I'm leery about what is going to happen to NESBA as a whole, regardless of how business is going. I see memberships going up, I see the 25 membership going away REAl quick. I wonder if I renew my $25 membership today, will it be honored? Need to see if it still exists.

Derick

Yeah you've pretty much ensured that you will never have another midwest member again. This is not a very smart move. Do you honestly think that in 2013, if the MW comes back that all of these members you just screwed over are going give you more money to be members again? DO THE RIGHT THING AND START ISSUING REFUNDS. Be a stand up organization, instead of the shady one your about to become.

Nesba

To clarify for Derek and anyone else who is interested.

NESBA's Policy:

[list type=decimal][*]Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. [*]No refunds are issued for NESBA account credits. [*]Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue. For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.
Policy adjusted for MW members:

Memberships are non-refundable, non-transferrable, and expire 365 days from date of activation. Pro-rated refund for Elite members and anyone who has recently purchased a $25 membership.
No refunds are issued for NESBA account credits.- MW member is able to sell any and all credits without surcharge.Credits issued after 1/1/2011 are subject to a 15% surcharge if transferred to another member and will expire after 365 days from the date of issue. For example, if a member has $50 credits in account, the member can transfer a maximum of $42.50 with $7.50 forfeited to transfer surcharge. **See event cancellation policy for exceptions.- This policy has been waived
[/list type=decimal]I think corporate greed would be for us to adhere to our policy and not adjust anything, however we do not want to do that, we want to try and take care of our MW customers as best we can.

Derick

That's a start. Although you should pro rate the non elite membership also. Why is it fair for those to loose their $25?

cooker1

So last year I bought an elite memb. for the benefits it contained like a free one this year which now in all actuality is worthless unless I want to drive 6 or 800 miles to a TD ! I dont really expect to get a prorated refund but it would be nice .

RSVMillenian

Nesba;228469 wrote:
I think corporate greed would be for us to adhere to our policy and not adjust anything, however we do not want to do that, we want to try and take care of our MW customers as best we can.
Let me get this straight!

[list type=decimal][*]You let MW members purchase NESBA credits up until basically yesterday, knowing that you are shutting down the MW region![/list type=decimal]
  • You will not refund their money but instead would waive any SURCHARGE if they sell/transfer their credits to another member from regions where NESBA still operates.
What an excellent customer service and loyalty appreciation.

In order to recover some of the money, MW members will have to deeply discount their credits and obviously loose money or risk loosing it all.

WOW!

Excellent Job NESBA, Excellent indeed!

Nesba;228469 wrote:
..we want to try and take care of our MW customers as best we can.
If this is the best you can, please and I mean PLEASE stop trying!

Anyway, I wish you all the best and good luck in your future endeavors.

Nesba

RSVMillenian;228513 wrote: Let me get this straight!

[list type=decimal][*]You let MW members purchase NESBA credits up until basically yesterday, knowing that you are shutting down the MW region!
You will not refund their money but instead would waive any SURCHARGE if they sell/transfer their credits to another member from regions where NESBA still operates.[/list type=decimal]What an excellent customer service and loyalty appreciation.

In order to recover some of the money, MW members will have to deeply discount their credits and obviously loose money or risk loosing it all.

WOW!

Excellent Job NESBA, Excellent indeed!

If this is the best you can, please and I mean PLEASE stop trying!

Anyway, I wish you all the best and good luck in your future endeavors.
Do you have any credits with us? Have you purchased any credits lately?

Kegger

Bob, how will the refunds be handled? I ask because the CC i used is no longer valid. Will checks be sent?

denbsteph

RSVMillenian has a valid point, how long has NESBA known they were going to cease operations? If a member did purchase credits with in the last several months, why didn't NESBA refuse them or just put a block on the credit purchasing button? Like I said earlier, would you tell anyone you are going out of business? I have not bought credits and have no interest in purchasing any, not because of the recent issue with the MW operations, to me it just does not fit my bill. You have to admit, RSVMillenian hit the nail right on the head. In my opinion, NESBA should step up and take this one on the chin and refund 100% of the riders credit.

I reside in NC and the SE region is pretty strong, as far as the number of riders go, this will be my first full year of riding, as long as things continue to go in my direction. This is all MHO.

fitz

denbsteph;228551 wrote: why didn't NESBA refuse them or just put a block on the credit purchasing button?
They did actually.

And why would anyone buy credits from NESBA at the end of the season? "The season is over, so I'm going to buy $1000 worth of credits even though I won't be able to use them for another 6-8 months" I would hope no one is THAT stupid. :)

Seriouisly guys I know it stinks but be glad you are getting MOST of your money back, most other organizations (not just TD orgs) you wouldn't be getting a dime back (I don't want to even think about how much I've lost).

Just try and keep things in perspective, that's all I'm saying. :)

my .000000002

Nesba

Kegger;228545 wrote: Bob, how will the refunds be handled? I ask because the CC i used is no longer valid. Will checks be sent?
Yes check will be sent out. We will have a list of people very soon and you will be notified via email the amount of the refund.

Nesba

denbsteph;228551 wrote: RSVMillenian has a valid point, how long has NESBA known they were going to cease operations? If a member did purchase credits with in the last several months, why didn't NESBA refuse them or just put a block on the credit purchasing button? Like I said earlier, would you tell anyone you are going out of business? I have not bought credits and have no interest in purchasing any, not because of the recent issue with the MW operations, to me it just does not fit my bill. You have to admit, RSVMillenian hit the nail right on the head. In my opinion, NESBA should step up and take this one on the chin and refund 100% of the riders credit.

I reside in NC and the SE region is pretty strong, as far as the number of riders go, this will be my first full year of riding, as long as things continue to go in my direction. This is all MHO.
We didnt know for sure until recently, however we did disable the credit purchases for other reasons.

Derick

fitz;228559 wrote: They did actually.

And why would anyone buy credits from NESBA at the end of the season? "The season is over, so I'm going to buy $1000 worth of credits even though I won't be able to use them for another 6-8 months" I would hope no one is THAT stupid. :)

Seriouisly guys I know it stinks but be glad you are getting MOST of your money back, most other organizations (not just TD orgs) you wouldn't be getting a dime back (I don't want to even think about how much I've lost).

Just try and keep things in perspective, that's all I'm saying. :)

my .000000002
I think all of us are being realistic about this. Why do elite member recieve a pro-rated refund, why are those people more important than the regular members? And why not refund the credits? It was money paid for goods, goods which you wont receive.

I wish NESBA would do the RIGHT thing, like the stand up people we all thought they were

Derick

Nesba;228562 wrote: Yes check will be sent out. We will have a list of people very soon and you will be notified via email the amount of the refund.
I was also told emails went out to inform everyone of the MW shutting down, I for one never received an email. Facebook told me.