My Enclosed Trailer Journey PICS

12v_dub

Hello Nesbians,
I'd like to share few words and pics of my trailer purchase and ideas with you guys, to help others in the future with a layout for their next trackday transport. When I first got sucked into this so called track day riding ( I call it a second mortgage) I purchased me a small 6x10 utility trailer. As the time went and spread the word to my other riding buddies, I began reconfiguring my little trailer to fit more than my bike on there. Until April came in this year, I and my wife came up with an idea of selling the utility trailer and going with an enclosed. Doing little bit of research, I choose to go with freedom Trailers located in south GA, only about 4hr drive from where we live. What caught my idea about freedom trailer, was a Pop Out camper option they used to install on their trailers to accommodate more interior space, but unfortunately the supplier doesn't offer that feature anymore.
So I went with a 7x14 tandem axle which is really 16 footer including the vnose. Wish I went about 2 feet longer, but I tow with a F150 and didn't want the truck to be struggling being fully loaded with 3 bikes and all the gear. After my initial order with the manufacture, I started adding all these options and the built time rose up to 5 weeks. I added, electricity package, ac pre wire and pre brace, extra 1ft height on the interior, vynil walls and ceiling, insulation etc... All these things were in mind of me being able to camp out at the track and save some money on the hotels. A lot of ideas came from this forum and that's why I though I'd post few pics of when I purchased it and during of modding it.

So far after purchase, I have added an AC, painted the lift gate, added TV, installed Pit-Posse alumnium products, Pop Shadow decals and in the future, I'd like to incorporate mini fridge in the middle cabinet door, install a sofa/bed by one of the walls and maybe add another window.

After I picked up the trailer

Pop Shadow decal with

Installing Pitpull plates and laying them out

Pit-posse hand cleaner station

Nice-raxx pitbull stand holders

Pit-posse hose and cord hanger

Pit-posse fuel jug holder

Pit-posse tie down/can holder

12v_dub

E-track for misc tie downs or a bike w/o TRS

Coleman Mach 13.5k BTU AC

AC roof opening cut out night prior to install and calked around for good measure.

AC dropped in and installed

TV hung and installed

12v_dub

Ramp is getting painted by product "RESTORE" that I found at homedepot. great product only $40 and can choose up to 64 colors. (I chose black to go along with RTP rubber floor inside the trailer)

Tapped off and ready to apply 1st coat

1st coat

2nd coat

on the way to barber fully loaded in between other installs

dt4629

so sweet. Can you tell me a little bit more about the Restore product? Is it for anti-slip on the door?

Effin aye dub that trailer looks awesome !!! The stand holders on the wall ? They something you had made ?

noobinacan

looks great
I have a freedom trailer too and i really like it.
mostly because of the options they offer and all that at a affordable price point.

12v_dub

mjkuhno wrote: Hey Jacob - nice setup, looks great!
see I told you I couldn't afford your stand holders :haha:

devildogae wrote: Very nice setup...pretty nice rides too, is that a Porsche in the garage?
Yes it is, Porsche 987 Cayman S. Mostly a garage queen!

noobinacan wrote:
looks great
I have a freedom trailer too and i really like it.
mostly because of the options they offer and all that at a affordable price point.
I like it but its not the best out there. I too chose freedom because of options list and lead time to make one.

motorkas

damn you - this thread got me starting to "research". . .always a bad sign:). . .AWESOME set up - it really does help with ideas of what to do from the start!!!!!!!! Thanks for documenting it!!!!!