My Weekend... Too Good To Not Post

CBRtist

IMG_4942.jpg Long, but entertaining...

Signed Ria up for 3-Day NJ Mini GP Camp. I was trying to get tires on my 100 prior to, but couldn't make it happen. Figured I would just go for her as I usually do. Day one, as a parent, I followed along... did the track walk, watched the drills, sat in on informational meetings. Started getting the bug. Talked to Ryan and Nate (partners at NJ Mini GP) about *possibly* renting a bike and *possibly* riding and *possibly* doing a late drop in.

Day Two. It was on and in place. Sure, I was on a bike and track I had never ridden but hey... this is Wendy 2017... I give no f*cks lol. I was nervous at first, but Ria told me "Mom, don't worry, I'll show you the line... then I'll ditch you". Uh uhhhh. Well she tried to show me the line, then I ditched her. Started whipping around, having the time of my life and so much fun. Then... Ryan pulled me off and talked to me. Told me I was leading with butt instead of head... start with head, then shoulders... elbows... and if butt needs to follow, it will.. and other tips. So him and I set out again with me implementing what he told me...

First lap... trying to tweak... in overthinking too much, tried to pass my own daughter, didn't account for her running wide (which I heard about later from her pissily as a "bad pass"... um whatEVER). Second lap, Ryan came up on said daughter again. Indicated that we were going to go around her. He went around her, I started to do the same then realized "damn... these straights are really short", sped up, most likely stuffed daughter (according to her... which I don't doubt) and in true Bad Mom Karma, crashed on exit.

And I didn't just crash, somehow my leg painfully got sucked up between rear tire and body work and my leg was twisted and pinned by the bike. I was lying face down with a mouthful of dirt unable to move or look behind me. So I had Ryan and 3-4 coaches figuring out how to extricate it. They were trying to roll it out, there were talks of removing body parts, finally they pushed my leg through. took off my boot and brought it carefully through. Everything hurt a lot, but I rode it back in... for Ria... I wanted to show her that you crash but you get back on your ride if you can. Puttered back like a drunken sailor to the RV and there's Ria....

Snacking. She says "hey mom! Nolan came back and told me you weren't moving, then he came back and said your leg was twisted up in the motorcycle. Are you ok?"

In my mind... *WTH*

Then she says "But I followed rules... they said if someone goes down... do NOT stop and go to them, so I didn't."

Wow. Ok, she's ready for racing I think LOL. Just balled up those feelings and threw then in her back pocket haha.

Anyhow, the long and short is (between bruising and several ice packs on my leg), I'm sure there are many of you that can't imagine riding with your kid on the same track before the teens. Yes, it can be done, and it can be done at Mini GP. She has and does spend many days hanging at my track days... so why not give back and give her her own track time? Besides, I had such a great time with my (other) family and this organization is not as known as it should be... so I wanted to share.

Here is a pic that DZum took and shared with me because Alex took the 3-day camp too. I'm sure he'll either post up here or start his own thread with his pics. This pic is of Ryan Fleming, Ria, and I... (prior to my bad pass on her lol). If you ever want to check it out (esp. if you have kids you want to get into the sport) please come check it out, PM me, or just hang with us for the day. You won't regret it!!!

Last edited: