N2 Race School

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Sounds like you guys did many track day seasons before deciding to race. Would that be the general recommendation?
Last year was my first track day season, but I'm working up the nerve to do at least one race this year. Should I wait?
I'm worried that if I don't do it I'll keep kicking the can down the road. I'll be 39 this year so I got into this a little late.
My best times are in the 22's so far on summit main so I know I'll be at the back of the pack. But, I planned on griding up at the very back anyway.
I'm hoping to improve a bit over the next couple months and maybe do the August race.
Curious what you guys think...

I'll be there this weekend (spectating), hope to see a few of you there!
Do it, you won't regret it, in my opinion I recommend you do a couple of track days and you've checked that box. Do it...

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I'll be 39 this year so I got into this a little late.

I'll be there this weekend (spectating), hope to see a few of you there!

You've got PLENTY left in your tank. I got into this when I was more than 10 years older than you are now. Don't feel like you can't do whatever you want. By your lap time you won't have any issues at all, and really like others said, it doesn't matter. If you have the itch, get out there and scratch it!

Stop over and say hi! A bunch of us will be there this weekend!

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
Having enthusiastic students makes teaching the class that much easier and enjoyable. Hope to see you guys out there on the grids!

Big Gim is going to put a huge hurting on the competition as a Novice. Kind of reminds me when Vinny finally got into racing...maybe I should just give WERA a heads up and make him an Expert from the get go. :D
Having enthusiastic students makes teaching the class that much easier and enjoyable. Hope to see you guys out there on the grids!

Big Gim is going to put a huge hurting on the competition as a Novice. Kind of reminds me when Vinny finally got into racing...maybe I should just give WERA a heads up and make him an Expert from the get go. :D
Seriously.... I guess us little people stand no chance :(

Eddie

oh man....now I wanna race this weekend!!! lol
don't think I can put it together tho on the short notice, soccer games and such.
Plus my Dad is doing his first ever track day (at 67!) over on Shenny on the SV we built him. Should be a good time.
Was thinking of taking my bike over there and just running it through tech, if they would do just a courtesy inspection.

For those of you that do this, does the "practice" fee also buy your first race entry? So, for $150 you get the practice and a race, or is the $150 just for the practice and your first race entry is another$60? The paperwork is a little confusing.
Thanks again!