NC Bike paddock area......

I've done some searching, no luck.......did the paddock area ever get paved at NC Bike, or is plywood still the norm for your pit ? I've never been there, just going by what I've heard from when they first started doing bike days.

Goldie

No paved paddock yet but I heard through the grapevine that next year it will happen. Just pit on the road like everybody else, if not bring some wood.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Plywood is still the norm...and the gravel hasn't gotten any smaller! Bring an extra rear tire with you if you're running both days and don't have a brand new rear. I smoked a 180/60 Pirelli SC2 in two days there. Great grip, surface is smooth as glass, but damn the tire got consumed!

Goldie

We've been running it counter clockwise this year which is fun. Haven't rode it clockwise in over a year.

mjkuhno

Make sure to bring plenty a loooong electrical extension cord if you're going to park on the road and run warmers.

03bueller

Control Rider
CCW huh, only been there once and ran it CW which makes for a fast T1. CCW will be interesting to run on it, I'm guessing that's for safety more than anything. And yes long extension cords, I don't use warmers but I have plenty of extension cords :) Already reserved my spot on the road :)

glen521

Control Rider
Canopies and bikes only are allowed on the main road as a pit. Vehicles and trailers must be kept in the gravel parking lot. The super8 is 7 mins away at the exit off the hwy.

Goldie

CCW isn't bad and fun. Haven't decided which way I like better because its been a moment since I've ridden CW. Turn 1 CCW is a little sketchy but other than that it isn't bad. CCW flows well. N2 should ride CW on Sat and CCW on Sun if possible or vice versa.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Just came back from the weekend so figured I would post up some details about the track and pits. We ran clockwise on Sat and counter clockwise on Sun. Personally, I had just as much fun running in both directions. Each way had it's own challenges and unique flow and feel. Very cool! As far as the pits, if you want to get a spot on the road, get there early because spots are limited. I ended up in the gravel along the tree line. They seem to have plenty of power there which is good, but if you have to pit in the gravel, you will need a section of plywood for your bike stands. Trying to stand the bike up on gravel just doesn't work well. I didn't get a chance to check out the main building. They have port a johns in the gravel pits though. As far as hotels, I tried and Super 8 the first night, and while they gave a discount for riders I wasn't too happy with the hotel. I ended up going one exit south on 95 and there were more options for hotels, restaurants and a Lowes there. Much better. In all, a great track and lots of fun!

Romans Eight

Control Rider
Director
Awesome facility! Even though the paddock was gravel, it was truly an awesome place. I'm looking forward to the August 9-10 weekend. I already ordered a new pair of knee pucks!