NESBA noob from Ohio

J_Copeland

Hi all ,
I'm in NE Ohio and do trackdays at Nelson Ledge's and PIRC.
Currently have an 02 GSXR 750.
I do need some help setting it up if you have an suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

LesPow

Control Rider
Welcome to Nesba. You already have experience on the track, so what other setting up options are you referring to?

Ducati Pete

J_Copeland;271067 wrote: Hi all ,
I'm in NE Ohio and do trackdays at Nelson Ledge's and PIRC.
Currently have an 02 GSXR 750.
I do need some help setting it up if you have an suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Hi J,

Welcome to NESBA. Hope to see you this Memorial Day.......... come join us for both days.

To answer your question........... if you ARE NOT mechanically inclined....... have a qualified shop or person set you up. If you turn your own wrenches, as I do, read this book:

Sportbike Suspension Tuning [Paperback]

(Amazon for $17.50)

This book will get you set up correctly and start to teach you some of the finer points to suspension tuning. I set up my own bikes and once set, I have yet to tune further. BUT, I have just started to ride the track. Once my speeds and suspension need change, I have the understanding to tweak my own. I personally feel most people simply live with what they have as each track dictates different settings as your skills progress.

The book is easy to understand and simple to follow for setup............... if you are mechanically inclined. Otherwise, you MUST have a professional set up your specific bike.