New bike??

Lonewrench

the Annatori shifter does not work both ways,if it did it would be a tremendous breakthrough. i would go with vortex rear sets simply because 8-10 r6's use them and there are plenty of spares around. just my opinion,I also would rather see you flash the ecu and get a shifter specific or get a dj set up. If you go with a flash and shifter there really isnt any piggy backing of electronics although i have to say the dj stuff works great.

kneedragger45

I have the HM quick shifter, which is distributed by Annitori, and it is programmable for gp or standard shift. Not positive but I believe theirs is just a branded version of the HM.

#45 "A"
WWW.RPMCW.com
Sportbike Track day Headquarters

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Lonewrench;287137 wrote: the Annatori shifter does not work both ways,if it did it would be a tremendous breakthrough. i would go with vortex rear sets simply because 8-10 r6's use them and there are plenty of spares around. just my opinion,I also would rather see you flash the ecu and get a shifter specific or get a dj set up. If you go with a flash and shifter there really isnt any piggy backing of electronics although i have to say the dj stuff works great.
Doesn't make much sense to me that the Annitori shifter doesn't work both ways, seeing how they don't sell separate pull/push sensors. Seems to me if they were only operable in one way, they would be selling both. No? But hey, I ain't claiming to be an expert. I just know mine works fantastic, and it's not dependant of my PCV, which I personally like. So if either the QS or PCV dies, I'm not stranded with the loss of both. Can't say the same for the Dynojet QS. Bazzaz does sell a stand alone QS, but the cost of their QS + their fuel management is astronomical.

Vortex makes great rear sets, but I rather enjoy the soles of my boots not getting ground like they're in a meat grinder, so once I upgrade from my OEM's I'm getting Woodcrafts.

Regardless of the products you choose, I'd be combing the classifieds on here, WERA, r6 forum, etc. Getting close to the end of the season, going to be a decent amount of nice parts for sale. Buying new is always nice, but not practical for some.

Unbroken13

Yea I'm on a limited budget so I got no problems with used parts lol... I'm definitely running out of time... Ncbike is getting closer and closer... If its still factory by then that's fine... But I'm hoping ill have some stuff done by then... Thankx alot guys for the info ... I'm a little ignorant on quick shifts... But I'm assuming it shifts for you? If that's the case it will be something I do way down the line...

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Unbroken13;287148 wrote: Yea I'm on a limited budget so I got no problems with used parts lol... I'm definitely running out of time... Ncbike is getting closer and closer... If its still factory by then that's fine... But I'm hoping ill have some stuff done by then... Thankx alot guys for the info ... I'm a little ignorant on quick shifts... But I'm assuming it shifts for you? If that's the case it will be something I do way down the line...
No, it doesn't do the shifting for you. All it does it cut spark (or fuel, depending on what brand you get) for a fraction of a second. Allows you to keep the throttle pinned wide open, and you just bang right on up the gearbox. No letting off the throttle, no clutch, nada. Just shift like normal and go. Downshifts are still normal.

Unbroken13

So ... All that money to blip the throttle for me... Don't get me wrong I see the logic in it... But I think fir now ill just blip it myself... Thankx for explaining it Otto.. There is so many things to learn and I haven't made it that far...I'm still a noob...

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Unbroken13;287157 wrote: So ... All that money to blip the throttle for me... Don't get me wrong I see the logic in it... But I think fir now ill just blip it myself... Thankx for explaining it Otto.. There is so many things to learn and I haven't made it that far...I'm still a noob...
You only can live without it because you've never lived with it. ;)

If any future bike I buy doesn't have a quick shifter, it will be the very first thing I add on that bike.

bmrboy

Ruhe52;287109 said:
People have different opinions but buy some sort of tank slider as even the newer R6 likes to go up in flames if tossed down the track. No not quite like the 06-07 but still.

As Ruhe has stated ..... it is a well known fact ..... Look on R/6 Forum there is several makers of fuel tank protection.

There is a Co. in Camarillo Ca. the name escapes me , But there tank protectors cover the whole side of the tank ....
Just go on line type in crash protection for Yamaha R/6 fuel tank .... information will be plentiful. :)

bugmn20

These are the tank sliders you want. http://eti-fuelcel.com/YamahaR6Guards.html They are a bit pricey and will need painted, but worth every penny in my book. Instillation is easy, but does require two holes be drilled in the plastic tank cover.

It has been mentioned that the R6 tank design (even on the newer ones) lends it self to catching fire, even during a minor low side. So, yes, suspension, brake lines, tires... but i would say these are a must to protect your investment. My first low side on my R6 could have ended up in a fire ball. My tank was ground all the way through and fuel was leaking. The bike slid off the pavement, into the grass just in time, as one spark could have send it into flames.

I previously had the Traxxion Dynamics tank sliders, and they suck. They are held on with two sided tape, and didn't fit well at all. Would not recommend them.

Otherwise, nice bike. You will love it!

bmrboy

bugmn20;287166 wrote: These are the tank sliders you want. http://eti-fuelcel.com/YamahaR6Guards.html They are a bit pricey and will need painted, but worth every penny in my book. Instillation is easy, but does require two holes be drilled in the plastic tank cover.

It has been mentioned that the R6 tank design (even on the newer ones) lends it self to catching fire, even during a minor low side. So, yes, suspension, brake lines, tires... but i would say these are a must to protect your investment. My first low side on my R6 could have ended up in a fire ball. My tank was ground all the way through and fuel was leaking. The bike slid off the pavement, into the grass just in time, as one spark could have send it into flames.

I previously had the Traxxion Dynamics tank sliders, and they suck. They are held on with two sided tape, and didn't fit well at all. Would not recommend them.

Otherwise, nice bike. You will love it!
Fuelcel.com .... those are the ones I was referring to ... actually saw those installed at Andrew Swenson Design ...
very well fitted .. Kevlar reinforced ... worth every penny .....

zstylem86

Lonewrench;287137 wrote: the Annatori shifter does not work both ways,if it did it would be a tremendous breakthrough. i would go with vortex rear sets simply because 8-10 r6's use them and there are plenty of spares around. just my opinion,I also would rather see you flash the ecu and get a shifter specific or get a dj set up. If you go with a flash and shifter there really isnt any piggy backing of electronics although i have to say the dj stuff works great.
the Annitori (not your g/f's spelling) DOES work both ways and it is a tremendous breakthrough. to top that, the shifter is not bike specific, the harness is so that you can use the shifter on any bike just buy a harness if you switch. beats the crap out of DJ QS. Annitori cuts spark not fuel = motogp technology!

Unbroken13;287157 wrote:
So ... All that money to blip the throttle for me... Don't get me wrong I see the logic in it... But I think fir now ill just blip it myself... Thankx for explaining it Otto.. There is so many things to learn and I haven't made it that far...I'm still a noob...
i hope you're not blipping the throttle when you up-shift. a quick shifter allows you to shift without touching the clutch and without letting off the gas.

Unbroken13

Exhaust pcV and fairings should be here today... So last night I stripped it down...
6a2a7uqa.jpg

damiankelly

I think the best investment in my R6 so far has been the seat time.. the bike is fast enough- brakes hard enough- and handles good enough as stock.... of course have someone dial in the suspension for you....put on some good tires.

Spend the budget on the track --

Unbroken13

Muuuhhhhhhaahhhhahhhhh!!!!!

Power commander ....... Check
Cat eliminator........... Check
M4 exhaust........... Check
Armour bodies...... Check
Steering dampner..... Check
Michilen power3. Check

One happy track day enthusiast check

I'm so ready to learn some more... Ready for ncbike!!!!!!
pyvemy3y.jpg

mjkuhno

Unbroken13;289107 wrote: Muuuhhhhhhaahhhhahhhhh!!!!!

Power commander ....... Check
Cat eliminator........... Check
M4 exhaust........... Check
Armour bodies...... Check
Steering dampner..... Check
Michilen power3. Check

One happy track day enthusiast check

I'm so ready to learn some more... Ready for ncbike!!!!!!
pyvemy3y.jpg
Looks good Josh - sorry I wasn't there Sunday to see it in person.

Should've had you pull it out of the trailer on Saturday night so we could've sat on it and made motorcycle noises!

Hope you had a good time on Sunday.