New from south east PA

rssuby2001

Hey my Names Ken, I have been riding for almost 10 years, thought i would give the track a try on my bike, I wont be the fastest since my bike is a old kz750 but I'm out to have fun. I have done karting and did pit crew for the porsche club so i know a lot of the east coast tracks and have an idea on how the mechanics of everything works so hopefully that helps a little, If anyone could help me with some questions on tech for the bike like how the numbers need to be and crank case venting and battery venting need to be thanks.

rssuby2001

Thanks, i put a tread up in the paddock for the tech questions, figured that would be the best place. I see your in NJ, how is NJMP? haven't been there since the opening day for Grand AM, no grass to be seen that weekend........

rssuby2001

Think thats going to be my first event, Jefferson is too far for a first time, thats a overnight for me, but it probably suits my bike better, tighter and less straight speed

rssuby2001

Anyone know what the upgrade to Jefferson was? Also do the run the Shenandoah track or just summit and jefferson

GriffinD

How far of a ride are you from Millville? It's a great track for any size bike I think. I still want to get out there on a 250 one day :)

Pseudolus

rssuby2001;302004 wrote: Hey my Names Ken, I have been riding for almost 10 years, thought i would give the track a try on my bike, I wont be the fastest since my bike is a old kz750 but I'm out to have fun. I have done karting and did pit crew for the porsche club so i know a lot of the east coast tracks and have an idea on how the mechanics of everything works so hopefully that helps a little, If anyone could help me with some questions on tech for the bike like how the numbers need to be and crank case venting and battery venting need to be thanks.
From the ville! I'm out near KoP and come out to the United sports center out there every Thursday. Let me know when you're hitting NJMP and we can pit together if you need any help. Welcome!

rssuby2001

I think 2 hours if I remember, I'm 45 min south east of Philly in the lovely bike country roads, yea i was looking at a 2013 250r repsol, not sure if i would out grow it too quickly and also id be shot from my wife if i bought another toy, i have a 82 GPZ 750 waiting to put back together, waiting to see if im gona stick with this track day stuff and make it a dedicated track bike

rssuby2001

Pseudolus;302019 wrote: From the ville! I'm out near KoP and come out to the United sports center out there every Thursday. Let me know when you're hitting NJMP and we can pit together if you need any help. Welcome!
I use to play hockey on that, when it was still an Airport, im like 10 min from there, i work down the street from Great Valley HS, I hope to get to NJ this spring, defiantly a little nervous, never had leathers so what do you recommend to wear under the pants in the spring?

GriffinD

Check out the Twisted Core banner up top. I wear their pants and shirts all summer and love them even in the 90 degree heat. Before that, I was in Under Armour and had no issues either. Top notch gear! Also makes it easier to get in & out of your leathers.

Pseudolus

GriffinD;302023 wrote: Check out the Twisted Core banner up top. I wear their pants and shirts all summer and love them even in the 90 degree heat. Before that, I was in Under Armour and had no issues either. Top notch gear! Also makes it easier to get in & out of your leathers.
This. :agree:

Started in under armour and now love twisted core. Markbilt sells it at NJMP events I believe. Trying to get leathers off without this stuff SUCKS!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rssuby2001;302022 wrote: never had leathers so what do you recommend to wear under the pants in the spring?
Underarmour or similar. Long sleeves and pants, even in the summer heat. That way, the leathers don't stick to you and are easily removed. Plus the Underarmour is compression and wicks the sweat away.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Pseudolus;302025 wrote: This. :agree:

Started in under armour and now love twisted core. Markbilt sells it at NJMP events I believe. Trying to get leathers off without this stuff SUCKS!
Many moons ago, in a land far away before the invention of Underarmour, I got stuck in a pair of leather pants at the track. Someone had to help pull them off. Thought I was going to have to drive home in them, LOL.

On street rides in the summer, if I have just the leather jacket on with a T-shirt, it sticks to my elbows and it's difficult to remove. And the jacket isn't at all tight in the arms.

rssuby2001

HondaGalToo;302060 wrote: Many moons ago, in a land far away before the invention of Underarmour, I got stuck in a pair of leather pants at the track. Someone had to help pull them off. Thought I was going to have to drive home in them, LOL.

On street rides in the summer, if I have just the leather jacket on with a T-shirt, it sticks to my elbows and it's difficult to remove. And the jacket isn't at all tight in the arms.
yea i do the same I have had the jacket for a couple years, I always wear it with the drive I have, I had a hard time just taking the pants off when i was trying them on, that is what i was worried about, ah someone will get a good laugh.......

rssuby2001

MANIX;302058 wrote: Welcome to nesba. If you need anything I live 30 min south of pitt, right on 70.
thanks, hows the track out your way its about the same distance for me as summit, i was thinking of trying out there one day

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rssuby2001;302077 wrote: thanks, hows the track out your way its about the same distance for me as summit, i was thinking of trying out there one day
Pitt Race in Wampum? Formerly known as BeaveRun? Great track, one of my favorites. Some sections are getting a bit bumpy, but it's not awful. I love the layout!