new girl from VA

kninja

hellooo everyone, my name is sarah and im from Virginia. Been riding since 2011 on the street. I bought a new 2011 zx6r that started my adventure in riding. I have always been interested in starting to do track days so I picked a 2003 cbr600rr last weekend and am signed up for the first tracks days in march. im a active member on zx6r.com and figured id join over here so I could learn as much as possible before I hit the track. look forward to meeting you guys.

yokel84

Hi, Sarah

I had a ton of questions about the track, and I've found NESBA to be an extremely helpful community. LOTS of stuff to read on here, much of it helpful, some of it hilarious.

Going to miss my ZX6R!

kninja

yokel84;300249 wrote: Hi, Sarah

I had a ton of questions about the track, and I've found NESBA to be an extremely helpful community. LOTS of stuff to read on here, much of it helpful, some of it hilarious.

Going to miss my ZX6R!
awesome, im very excited to start learning everything I can. thanks for the warm welcome.

matt2212

kninja;300248 wrote: hellooo everyone, my name is sarah and im from Virginia. Been riding since 2011 on the street. I bought a new 2011 zx6r that started my adventure in riding. I have always been interested in starting to do track days so I picked a 2003 cbr600rr last weekend and am signed up for the first tracks days in march. im a active member on zx6r.com and figured id join over here so I could learn as much as possible before I hit the track. look forward to meeting you guys.

Welcome to NESBA

I'm about an hour south of you but there are several members in the vb area as well as an asst director

NESBA is full of great people to help you learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03bueller

Control Rider
If you've got questions don't hesitate to ask, we were all there at some point! Also try to find someone to pit next to before your first track day who knows the ropes and can help you out that first morning, it can help make it a lot less confusing :)

kninja

03bueller;300261 wrote: If you've got questions don't hesitate to ask, we were all there at some point! Also try to find someone to pit next to before your first track day who knows the ropes and can help you out that first morning, it can help make it a lot less confusing :)
im already on it :) a guy that's local to me which is also on this forum devildogea is going with me in march for the weekend. hes done a few trackdays so hes gonna help me with everything. :)

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
kninja;300262 wrote: im already on it :) a guy that's local to me which is also on this forum devildogea is going with me in march for the weekend. hes done a few trackdays so hes gonna help me with everything. :)
Are you planning the Summit days or the VIR North? I'll probably be riding at least one of the Summit days for a shake down ride from the winter mods I've done. If you need help, feel free to ask anyone. NESBA crew are some of the nicest people you'll meet. Find someone that looks like they know what they're doing and ask them. :D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome. Any questions, ask away. Check out the rider's manual if you haven't yet. Good group of folks with nesba. Trackdays are a lot of fun and you'll learn a lot!

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
Welcome....seen ya over at ZX6R.com as well and nice to see you made your way over here. Feel free to ask questions here and around the paddock. Hope to see ya out on the track this next season if it ever warms up.

kninja

devildogae;300295 wrote: What's up Sarah, we're going to have a blast!yeah we are!!!!!
Evil Cupcake;300296 wrote:
Welcome....seen ya over at ZX6R.com as well and nice to see you made your way over here. Feel free to ask questions here and around the paddock. Hope to see ya out on the track this next season if it ever warms up.
I hope to see ya too :)

thanks everyone for a warm welcome

Funny how these guys seem to offer a lot more help when you post a picture of a girl wearing a sports bra... Just saying. Anyway, welcome to the family. Beware of Borislav.

DUG

KNINJA- Welcome to NESBA. Looks like youve already got a friend or two in the game. So Im sure he'll tell you the bare basics are these..

1. Have someone whos gone through tech several times look over your bike.
2. Drop $35 and have your suspension set-up by one of the track side service guys.
3. Set your tire pressure to 30/30 cold (general rule for most street tires) or whatever the Tire Vendors recommend, not the 36/42 in the manual.
4. Follow someone around in an orange shirt.

Everything else will just come to you... For everyone else reading, see below.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
From DICTIONARY.COM

Female [fee-meyl]

- A person bearing two X chromosomes in the cell nuclei and normally having a vagina, a uterus and ovaries, and developing at puberty a relatively rounded body and enlarged breasts, and retaining a beardless face; a girl or woman.