New guy from North NJ / NYC

slipstreamv2

Apr 21, 2011
Hi all,

Been lurking for a little bit, and from the reading that I've been doing on these forums, I am really happy that Nesba exists both as an organization, and more importantly, as a family-like community. There's a wealth of knowledge and wisdom here, and I'm eagerly trying to soak up as much of it as possible. The stars may have to align for me to ride as much as I'd like to, but regardless I look forward to my experiences with Nesba...it's about the journey, right?

My first bike was a used 93 Suzuki Katana 600 in senior year of high school (saved up $$$ delivering chicken :D), and rode until after college. Although I was "riding" for about 7-8 years, it wasn't all that often, I admit that my skill level probably reflected that of beginner. Anyway, fast forward 10 years of not riding at all, and having grown more conservative in my choices, I think riding (mostly) on the track represents a much safer and fun compromise to me. I'll be buying my close friend's stock 2006 R6.

Anyways, I'm really excited to learn/have fun and hope to see you guys and get to know some of you on the track!

- Mike

***I originally posted the above in my first post here - Checklist/Budget for a season of track days???, but I figured I'd introduce myself here as well. If you have any suggestions after reading that post, would love to hear them. :D

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Welcome, Mike! You've picked a good org to ride with! Before each event, someone usually starts a "roll call" thread. Post up if you'll be at that event so folks know you're new and can say hello!

Dave561

Control Rider
Apr 25, 2014
Welcome looking forward to meeting a new rider. NJMP is a great track and I think you'll enjoy it. Plus it brings a greater enjoyment to watching the races once you've turned a few laps on an AMA track

slipstreamv2

Apr 21, 2011
Thanks, JerryC, SlowHonda, and bugmn20! SlowHonda, looking forward to seeing you, Judy, and others as NJMP!