New Guy from Western NY

mpusch

Micah
Hi everyone,

I've been creeping on the forums for over a month now, trying to get my fix while my bikes hibernate in the garage. :banghead: Only been riding a year and a half, but am looking forward to learning just how little I actually know about riding :D Was originally hoping to get out onto the track this past year, but things didn't really work out. 2014 is definitely happening though. Hoping to make it out to either NYST or Pittrace as they're the closest to me. Probably will end up doing several though, as I understand it's quite an addiction.

As for my bikes, I started on the Ninja 500 below. I still love this bike, but am probably going to be selling it once spring hits. I picked up the Daytona this past June. This was basically my dream bike. She'll be the one I plan on tracking.

Myers

Control Rider
Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask questions and enjoy the experience. Ill see you at either of the above tracks!

Len

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Mike55

Welcome! I'm in NW PA and those are my most attended tracks. I also happen to have a Daytona 675 for a track bike. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me. I hope to meet you this season, it's nice to have some familiar faces in the paddock.

mpusch

Micah
Mike55;298511 wrote: Welcome! I'm in NW PA and those are my most attended tracks. I also happen to have a Daytona 675 for a track bike. If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact me. I hope to meet you this season, it's nice to have some familiar faces in the paddock.
Awesome. I just might take you up on that. Been to a couple car track days (as an observer), but obviously motorcycle track days are new for me. Would be great to meet you and see at least one other Daytona out on the track, too.

Mike55

There are usually a few Daytonas on any given track day. If you have any NYST or Pittrace dates in mind I'll probably be there, so hit me up if you have any questions. Just be sure to check the website for bike and equipment requirements (I.e. proper riding gear) well in advance. This will give you time to get everything you need to participate of you don't have it already. Check the "what to bring" section also. You'll wish that you'd brought most of those things (and more) if you don't. It'll be the most fun you'll ever have on your bike!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

mpusch

Micah
Mike55;298540 wrote: There are usually a few Daytonas on any given track day. If you have any NYST or Pittrace dates in mind I'll probably be there, so hit me up if you have any questions. Just be sure to check the website for bike and equipment requirements (I.e. proper riding gear) well in advance. This will give you time to get everything you need to participate of you don't have it already. Check the "what to bring" section also. You'll wish that you'd brought most of those things (and more) if you don't. It'll be the most fun you'll ever have on your bike!

Looked over the list probably 8 times since September. Been working on getting gear for months and finally just completed my set. Unfortunately, not one piece of my commuting gear was sufficient for track duty, haha. I'm going to be working on making sure my bike is in top shape too, as the last I want is to get there and fail tech for some odd reason.

Mike55

If your bike is in good stock condition with no crazy mods (spiked chrome acorn nuts everywhere or something) it should be good to go. Most important things to check: tires, brakes (mostly front), fork seals, chain tension. NESBA has a lot of nice/helpful people who are there to have fun and would be glad to help if you need anything. I've borrowed everything from a rear stand to various nuts and bolts. I've learned to take spare things just in case someone else needs it.

mpusch

Micah
Mike55;298546 wrote: If your bike is in good stock condition with no crazy mods (spiked chrome acorn nuts everywhere or something) it should be good to go. Most important things to check: tires, brakes (mostly front), fork seals, chain tension. NESBA has a lot of nice/helpful people who are there to have fun and would be glad to help if you need anything. I've borrowed everything from a rear stand to various nuts and bolts. I've learned to take spare things just in case someone else needs it.

Walnuts actually :D

Great, thanks for the advice, Mike.

Mike55

Ha! No problem. You're going to love the Daytona out there. Triumph's triples have a great power curve, especially for those who are new on the track. The power is very linear and predictable with good mid-range so you can work on the other 99 things that are going on without stressing about gear selection too much. If you end up in the wrong gear it's not the end of the world.