New guy here from WNC

thirdgenlxi

What's going on everyone?? New guy around here, figured I'd pop in and say hello. My name is Jared, I live in the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina, and I do believe I'm a future track-o-haulic, lol. I'm still fairly green to it, I've done 9 trackdays now total, 3 just in the last month and going for a 4th come Monday at NC BIKE :D I'm still learning and trying to improve every time I go out

I ride a 2004 CBR 600 F4i..... she's not the latest and greatest, and she's got 'a few' miles on her (lol), but it's what I got so for now I've gotta make it work. And so far she's done great!

null_zps8b3319de.jpg

Anyways, hope to meet some of y'all come monday at NC BIKE! This will be my first trackday with N2

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! Your F4i is the perfect learning tool! Nothing wrong with an "older" bike. Hell, my gixxer is only three years newer! Have fun at NC bike!

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Welcome thirdgenlxi! Don't worry about the bike. It will be the last thing to hold you back. I started out on an '88 FZR 400 and it never let me down. NCBike should be a blast!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome thirdgenlxi! Don't worry about the bike. It will be the last thing to hold you back. I started out on an '88 FZR 400 and it never let me down. NCBike should be a blast!

That's so true! I remember Mike, a CR, absolutely flying on a pre-2000, clapped out CBR 900.

thirdgenlxi

Thanks everyone!! Yea this bike has been great to learn on, and it's still no slouch by any means. One this that is good is that I'm very familiar and comfortable on this bike, as I have been riding it for the past 10 years (I bought it new 10-17-04..... my first bike, lol). It's not so much the age of the bike that worries me, it's just that it's creeping up on 300k miles here before too long (at 285k now) and it's definitely in need of a suspension refresh. I do want to get a track bike eventually just because I really just don't want to blow this one up, lol..... she runs GREAT but "to me" this bike does hold a lot of value so I'm trying to keep her nice. But like I said it's all I got right now so I've gotta make do, which is fine..... just thinking long term

Anyways yea I've learned a lot here the past couple trackdays..... I struggled big time for awhile with my horrid body position, I just couldn't seem to get it. Then 2 trackdays ago my buddy Kevin (who is a coach for TPM) apparently hit the nail right on the head and everything just kinda 'clicked', and it was like somebody flipped a switch. I'm still not anywhere close to perfect by any means, but if you saw me before... OMG, huge difference, haha. But I'm just pecking away at it every time I go out

From 2 trackdays ago at NC BIKE

07098_WhiteGroup_zpsd2bbe799.jpg

07004_WhiteGroup_zps67d3b6dc.jpg

I'll get there eventually :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I understand about wanting to keep a favorite bike in nice shape. People thought I was nuts for bringing my '95 Ducati 900 to the track. Managed to keep it safe. But ya never know.
bp looks pretty good. Work on lowering your head, it should be down by where your mirrors would be. When you have it low enough, your outside arm will be resting across the gas tank.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
Thanks everyone!! Yea this bike has been great to learn on, and it's still no slouch by any means. One this that is good is that I'm very familiar and comfortable on this bike, as I have been riding it for the past 10 years (I bought it new 10-17-04..... my first bike, lol). It's not so much the age of the bike that worries me, it's just that it's creeping up on 300k miles here before too long (at 285k now) and it's definitely in need of a suspension refresh. I do want to get a track bike eventually just because I really just don't want to blow this one up, lol..... she runs GREAT but "to me" this bike does hold a lot of value so I'm trying to keep her nice. But like I said it's all I got right now so I've gotta make do, which is fine..... just thinking long term

Anyways yea I've learned a lot here the past couple trackdays..... I struggled big time for awhile with my horrid body position, I just couldn't seem to get it. Then 2 trackdays ago my buddy Kevin (who is a coach for TPM) apparently hit the nail right on the head and everything just kinda 'clicked', and it was like somebody flipped a switch. I'm still not anywhere close to perfect by any means, but if you saw me before... OMG, huge difference, haha. But I'm just pecking away at it every time I go out

From 2 trackdays ago at NC BIKE

07098_WhiteGroup_zpsd2bbe799.jpg

07004_WhiteGroup_zps67d3b6dc.jpg

I'll get there eventually :)

285k!! That's impressive! Glad you had a good time. Looks like next year will be even more fun.