New Member from Annapolis

Vitamin_J

Hello all. I've been riding for 10 years but recently caught the bug to do some track stuff. Blame it on Youtube I suppose. I signed up for Keith Code's school at NJMP (2 day camp) in May. This will be my first track experience. I'm a proficient street rider but a little concerned about track work...

Will anyone else from the forum be at the two day school? Thanks.

Vitamin_J

Yep, I'll be there. I'm the tall guy who can't get his knee down. Easy to spot among the crowd I'm sure. Have you been to one of these before? I'm excited and a bit nervous all the same.

Slowzuki

Man... You're not just tall, you must be loaded!!! $2000+ for two days of riding school?? .... I don't know.... maybe you don't need it. The CR's can help a lot with your skills for much, much less. Anyway, welcome to Nesba!

Vitamin_J

I hear ya. I'm not good enough at wrenching on my street bikes to make ready each and everytime I want to do a TD. I'm hoping that I become a reasonable track rider and will probably get a specific bike for the application.

What's a CR?

betarace

2x1 day w/ their bike is like $700 a day (or less)... the 1x2day "package" is much more. VitJ, PM for more details. Did VIR (level1) Barber (level2) and Laguna (Level3) will be doing L4 at Tbolt and Laguna this year

Slowzuki

by the way, let me know how the school went... i'de love to hear how much one can learn from a guy like Keith... Best of luck out there!!!!! Im sure you gonna love NJMP

Vitamin_J

Just remembered this thread. The school was fantastic. Really a great experience. So much so that I raced home and bought another NESBA members track bike and signed up for (ready for this) 11 more days this year. I caught the bug badly. Highly recommend the Cali Superbike School.

P.S. Oh, I'm deep into the knee pucks. Tood me 13 years of trying (incorrectly) and 2 hours with Code's folks. Looking forward to learning from the CR's at NESBA.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
I'm in your neck of the woods just across the bridge. I'm heading to NJMP on 7/20, come on out.

Vitamin_J

You are closer than you think. I'm actually in Stevensville.

Mille? Whoa I gotta see that. Monday's are horrible for me. Let me know if you are ever tooling around fantasy island.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
The Mille has seen better days. I lowsided the other week and the left side is a little worn down. If your ever over in "The Woods" stop by. House with the white Dodge 1500 that has a Yamaha sticker in the window.