New Member - Heading to Pitt this month

MainLineCoffee

Hello,

Introducing myself here, I will be heading to Pitt on April 20th for my first track day. I ride a Triumph Trident 660. I have my first set of leathers and I am ready to learn. I have been riding for years on the street off and on. My kids are all grown and now I have an opportunity to expand on some of my interests, like racing.

I look forward to meeting people at my first track day. I am trailering my bike up the night before, I do not have any paddock rental, but I do have an easy up and a solid set of mechanical tools to handle any potential mechanical issues that I encounter.

Welcome @MainLineCoffee and thank you for selecting N2 as your start point. Pitt is an incredible first track - you’re starting in style!

Reading our rider’s manual at your leisure (IOW, not the night before) will help de-mystify and de-pressurize your first time at the track.

I’ve got to head in the office but I’m certain others are going to chime in with a warm welcome and useful advice.

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Hi Ray. You've picked a great group. I cant say enough about the people, their kindness and their willingness to help. I won't be at Pitt Race on the 20th but I have a season pass so I'm sure we'll meet eventually! hope to see you out there!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome!! You are going to have a blast and learn a ton! What you learn on the track will also make you a better street rider! I won't be at Pitt that weekend, but I'll be out there later in the season. Enjoy! Everyone is super helpful, so just introduce yourself and ask any questions.

Here's the link to the Riders Manual that NothingClever mentioned: https://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/N2-Riders-Manual_v2.0.6.pdf

MainLineCoffee

You're gonna have so much fun you'll wish you set aside another 'college fund' just for this. :)
I've already signed up for two more days at Summit Point, I'm only about 1.5 hours from there. The weather was perfect Sunday, so I got my new leathers on for the first time and it completely changes the feel of the bike. I almost don't want to ride in my street gear anymore!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Is it best to find a spot at the track the night before?
This is generally true.
Most of the tracks will open their gates the evening before the event and remain open 24hrs until they kick us all out on the last night.
It's courteous to not take up a powered paddock spot if you're not using the power. Also double check with the track/gate about reserved spots or any pre-payment needed for use of electricity.

I haven't been to PITT, so I'm not sure what their rules are.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
All power spots and garages at Pitt need to be reserved ahead of time

Here's a link to help:

N2's TD when you'll be there:

More on reserving power/camping:

Camping Passes are new this year and are required if you intend to stay overnight at the facility. Camping passes can be purchased for a single or multiple days.

Electric Reservations provide access to a 50 amp outlet (adapters are not provided) and a camping pass is included in the cost. Reservations are for the entire length of the event.
Garage Reservations are for the entire length of the event. The camping pass is not included and must be purchased separately if you intend to stay overnight at the facility.

MainLineCoffee

Here's a link to help:

N2's TD when you'll be there:

More on reserving power/camping:
Thanks for the updates! I have a hotel for Friday night, but if I understand correctly, I can stop by Friday night and find a place to put my trailer and my easy up and then head back to the hotel. (If they allow me to leave it overnight without camping or renting a garage or powered space) I'll give them a call and see if they can confirm. Worst case I just show up early as possible on Sat. morning. I dont need electric, just a place for the easy up to keep me out of the sun. Thanks for all the feedback, much appreciated!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Are PITT power reservations in the pit area or a separate camping spot?
Generally, they are in the north paddock, where we normally pit. If full, they may shuttle you off to the south paddock, which is pretty far away, you wouldn't hear calls. You really don't want to be there, I'd bring a genny over having to be in the south paddock.