New Member, New to Track days!

Mminacap

Jan 3, 2016
Hi everybody,

Little about me:
I ride a 2004 GSX-R 600, I'm new to track days but I have 4 years riding experience.
My first (and only) track day was last July at NYST, riding on a track has been my dream ever since i can remember and I finally did it! I'm from Long Island, New York so I'll most likely only get out to NJMP and NYST partner days this year. I'm also trying to get a few friends to start track riding, maybe i can convince them to participate at least once this year hah :)

I probably will be asking a bunch questions because no one I know has ever done anything like this and to say I was ill-prepared my first time would be a drastic understatement.

Thank you and look forward to meeting you guys!
-Matt

Reactions: CBRtist

tdelegram

Control Rider
May 22, 2012
Welcome, there's a wealth of knowledge on the forum here, just ask. Judy should be along shortly with links to the riders manual which should answer 80% of your tactical and logistic questions. The strategic questions like braking, throttle application, turn in...... Can be fielded here as well as on track by CR's.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Jul 11, 2008
NJ
Did someone mention my name, I thought my ears were ringing, LOL.

Welcome, Matt! Ask away, and as tdel mentioned, here is the link to the riders' manual: http://www.n2td.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/N2-Riders-Manual-Ver.-2.0.1.pdf
It's found on the main page under the trackdays tab, then manuals & forms. It will answer a lot of questions, including bike prep and gear,

You've come to the right place! There are a lot of friendly and knowledgeable folks here. We also have a great Novice program that includes classroom as well as on-track instruction. First-time-to-the-track riders are placed in small groups with a CR (control rider), so you're not just thrown out there.

Please ask away with any other questions/concerns! :)

Reactions: Lenny ZX9R

CBRtist

Aug 25, 2012
Wilmington, DE
Living the dream! Nice! Don't be shy about firing away about the questions. This forum is a great resource. And if any of your friends are women who ride or want to ride, we also started a forum for them to ease them into it, so point them this way. :love:

:like: W E L C O M E! :)

Mminacap

Jan 3, 2016
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
I read the manual along with any and everything i could get my hands on on the site :). Got a lot of very good information.

Reactions: HondaGalToo

Motofun352

Control Rider
Jul 12, 2008
^^Ha Ha^^^ Also, don't overlook PIRC or Summit Point, both great tracks with lots to offer and not out of reach from NY. Lots of folks here make that same trip. Oh, welcome to our addition!