New to N2TD

Matrix22

New to the East Coast, NC. Long time rider from NorCal. Downsized to a 2016 Yamaha R3. Hoping to do some track days here at NCCAR or CMP. Maybe VIR, maybe. I was the proud and obnoxious owner of a 2006 Aprilia RSVR Factory. Why? It was a steal. All that technology and all the accoutrements did not make me a better rider, it was really tall for me so instead of ruining it by trying to make it fit me, I sold it. Now I'm focused on improving my skill set. I hope I can bring out the beast in this R3. Don't laugh, Diablo Rosso II's installed. If anything happens, all I can blame is myself because I don't think I can blame the tires. I'm removing all doubt from the bike so there would be no excuses on track. Hope to meet fellow R3's out here. Thanks for reading and Ride Safe.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! I think the R3 would be a blast on the track!! If you make it further north to Summit or NJMP, perhaps we'll meet. I haven't been south in awhile, but I do love VIR!

borislav

Control Rider
Welcome! Just FYI and everyone else it is spelled AKRAPOVIC but there is a little apostrophe on the top of the C which nobody pay attention to and whole thing is pronounced AKROPOVICH (ch like chase)!:like:

Matrix22

Ty for correcting me. I'm just a lazy American speaker butchering Eastern European pronunciations. Pardon my ignorance and thank you for looking.

borislav

Control Rider
Ty for correcting me. I'm just a lazy American speaker butchering Eastern European pronunciations. Pardon my ignorance and thank you for looking.

Oh my friend this was not critique, just trying to help out. No need to do something wrong when you can do it right and I know from now on you will do it right!:D

Matrix22

Here's some pics of First track day. 8/13/2016 @NCBIKE, North Carolina

13921179_10210734891793408_7877622679204222031_n.jpg

13906903_10210734913793958_3899561922165296403_n.jpg

13680721_10210734935594503_2791681074754440130_n.jpg

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Looking good in the video!
Constructive advice
1. STOP looking Backward and to the side! You have to keep your attention on whats in front of you! At your pace right now you don't have to worry about anyone stuffing you in a turn. When you make it to "A" then you'll have to worry about Dave on his SV!;)

2. Your butt is moving off the seat just fine but your a little crossed up now. Now what you have to do is get your head down and as far to the inside of the bike as your comfortable!

3. Try to use your wrist, instead of your arm to open the throttle! You have too much input into the bars and the bike "feels" it!

:) Eventually you will shed these habits and get much better on the bike!:like:

Just remember Rome wasn't built in a day!
And most of all have fun out there!:D

Matrix22

Thank you Lenny. Yes the CR talked to me about the head turning, stay the line, faster rider will work around it. This stock throttle is like a 540 degree twist! I will practice in the garage. Buying a rear stand to practice this and BP. Thank you for your critique, much appreciated.

Matrix22

I just saw that AJ gave you a little advice on Body Position in another thread. He sees what I see but types alot better!

Funny, all these years of riding, I thought I was doing great! Dang, I'm BASIC? I realize that my riding is 2 dimensional. This track thing is a whole nother animal.