New to the track??? Invest in yourself via

DFlowe

Nick and Ken are great guys and very knowledgable. I rode with them several years ago when they were Buell sponsored at CMP and i found them to be helpful.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Good guys for sure! I did the SED in May of 2010, what a learning experience.

Mr.DJ

I think this is great product Nick and Ken created. If it is a fraction of the quality they put into their school, it will be how others are measured.
Almost unlimited potential. Well done and complements an excellent program.

stow

So has anyone signed up with the website? It would be interesting to get some reviews of the information available.

1up5down

Control Rider
Shane -

I'm a member however, I haven't had the opportunity to explore enough to offer a review. I will say this, given the amount of $$$ we all have invested in this sport, I believe my $80 for a year membership was well spent already as I know the value of Nick and Ken!!!

stow

1up5down;226858 wrote: Shane -

I'm a member however, I haven't had the opportunity to explore enough to offer a review. I will say this, given the amount of $$$ we all have invested in this sport, I believe my $80 for a year membership was well spent already as I know the value of Nick and Ken!!!
Believe me, I am not doubting Nick and Ken's knowledge and value. I am just curious as to what information is provided versus the information available in Nick's book and other books. I agree $80 is a drop in the bucket when it comes to this sport. I am interesting in signing up but want to get some feedback from others that are already signed up. Let me know when you get a chance to go through some of the information provided to members.

noobinacan

Shane

I emailed nick/ken
I told em, I was super interested in one-one option on that site.
Nick responded saying that the 'interest' shown helps them drive in that direction.
I'd drop em a like if you're interested in that as well, to show interest.

honestly, at CR/A group level, most bang for buck will be the one-one session...that's just my opinion.

Relic

I'm probably out on a limb here, but I think they should make it free for at least a year at least for those who take the YCRS. :dunno:

1up5down

Control Rider
Relic;226893 wrote: I'm probably out on a limb here, but I think they should make it free for at least a year at least for those who take the YCRS. :dunno:
You're only out on a limb because you haven't provided your rationale as to why they should give away their proprietary information for free? Please explain why you feel anyone should give away a product for free.

1up5down

Control Rider
Relic;226900 wrote: I'm not sure of its value. But if I can try it free, I can decide if it's worth $8 a month.
I can tell you that it's worth $8 a month or $48 for the six months they require. However, you would argue that and then run out and buy rearsets, full exhuast, levers, 520 conversion, bazzaz or PC V and know that you got your value on those items without a free sample.

My point is $48 is such a nominal cost considering all other cost and bad information out there on how to ride faster safer. You can't come out on the losing end of this deal, believe me.

I know and believe in the value this much that I'll do this for you. PM me your information (full name and phone number) and I'll get in contact with Nick and Ken and pay for your 6 months. There is your free trial.

Allen

Relic

I have great respect for YCRS. But just not sure how a newsletter or videos will improve my skills. If they are confident that it's worth the money then all the more reason to offer it free for a limited time (one year was just an example). If subscribers like it, they will pay to stay. Just my 2 cent opinion.

Relic

Sorry...I posted before reading your second post. That's a terrific offer. I think I'll take you up on it.

1up5down

Control Rider
stow;226859 wrote: Believe me, I am not doubting Nick and Ken's knowledge and value. I am just curious as to what information is provided versus the information available in Nick's book and other books. I agree $80 is a drop in the bucket when it comes to this sport. I am interesting in signing up but want to get some feedback from others that are already signed up. Let me know when you get a chance to go through some of the information provided to members.

Shane -

I'm confused? You're convinced that Nick and Ken are knowledgable skilled teachers who know how to provide value to every level of rider, from Joe Blow to Josh Hayes, Ben Spies, Martin Cardenas, Jason Disalvo, Colin Edwards... However, you want feedback from others who paid the nominal fee for the product. That doesn't sound like someone who is convinced on the knowledge and value Nick & Ken can offer you, but more of someone who is not convinced. That's just my read on it. I'm not trying to argue with you as it is your $$ and have the right to decided how you utilize your $$.

My review:
After spending two hours or so reviewing some of the "members only" material such as videos and articles, I'm happy I spent $80 bucks for 12 months access to this helpful information. I found some of the information to be a reminder on things I've learned through YCRS and reading other material. I also found new material/information that I believe will benefit me as I continue to adjust my riding technique. I also noticed that the material is written with all riders in mind street, track and racers. This can be irritating to those who only want info pertaining to track/race only, but those individuals have to understand that the technique is applicable in all circumstances and there are others on the site that would like explanation on how these techniques apply outside of the track.

I can tell you this, there is one video of Shane Turpin demonstrating riding the bike (R1) side saddle (both legs on one side only) at speed by controlling the bike with his eyes, brakes and throttle for several laps. :wow:That tripped me the F@#% out. Imagine taking a right hand corner with your body and both legs on the left side of the bike. Could you hit the apex and accelerate out of corner at speed? The skills these guys have and how they break it down so that anyone can apply it is well worth $48 or $8 for 6 months.

Invest $48 bucks in yourself you are worth way more than that, seriously!

1up5down

Control Rider
Relic;226902 wrote: I have great respect for YCRS. But just not sure how a newsletter or videos will improve my skills. If they are confident that it's worth the money then all the more reason to offer it free for a limited time (one year was just an example). If subscribers like it, they will pay to stay. Just my 2 cent opinion.
Newsletters and videos alone will never improve your skills. YOU comprehending and applying the techniques and feedback offered via the site is what will improve your skills. Just like adding a full system exhaust or aftermarket suspension will not improve your skills.

You see is it the mindset of those who want to learn and advance their skill set that determines the outcome. Are you willing to take what these talented teachers have to offer and then apply it to your riding day in and day out. Nick and Ken could give this away for free and YOU or anyone else could still not improve your skills.

By the way, you can go directly to www.fastersafer.com and get a "free trail" as they have demonstrations of what is on the site.