New Track Guy

edouble

Hi everybody! I live in Wilkes-Barre, PA and I am excited to be hitting the track. I have a solar yellow 06 ZX-10R. I hope by the end of this upcoming season I have at least 5-8 track days in and I have gained a lot of knowledge. But first it has to get warmer!!

Matt H

Welcome! Saw your post on the WERA forum - you made a good choice ;) Look forward to seeing you out at the track.

rk97

so which will be first; BeaveRun, or NJMP? you're lucky to be close to both :)

I would bet either of the NJMP circuits will give the ZX-10 the more room to stretch its legs ;-)

actually, not to thread-jack, but can someone who has ridden both provide some input as to which is faster? the maps provide no scale, and T-bolt has a half mile straight, but that long sweeping back section on Lightning looks like you can carry some good speed as well - i just cant tell how long it actually is before the kink.

sportbikerchic

They're both fairly fast tracks with larger/faster turns than most of the other MidAtlantic tracks. You probably top out faster on Thunderbolt's front straight. Yes, the back "straight" on Lightning is pretty fast too, but not straight and not as long, though you DO click up through the gears with the throttle pinned around that arching back straight. A liter bike would get more out of Thunderbolt, but could easily enjoy both. Morph's 2000cc bike seems to enjoy Thunderbolt. 'Course his bike would enjoy an airport runway too. ;)

snikwad

sportbikerchic;32860 wrote: They're both fairly fast tracks with larger/faster turns than most of the other MidAtlantic tracks. You probably top out faster on Thunderbolt's front straight. Yes, the back "straight" on Lightning is pretty fast too, but not straight and not as long, though you DO click up through the gears with the throttle pinned around that arching back straight. A liter bike would get more out of Thunderbolt, but could easily enjoy both. Morph's 2000cc bike seems to enjoy Thunderbolt. 'Course his bike would enjoy an airport runway too. ;)
:haha::haha::haha:

brandonh98

edouble...also from wilkes barre...planning on doing my first track days with NESBA this summer...let me know what tracks you're doing...maybe we can hit one together....I pm'd you on the WERA forum all the dates I can possibly do this summer...

Morph

Control Rider
sportbikerchic;32860 wrote: They're both fairly fast tracks with larger/faster turns than most of the other MidAtlantic tracks. You probably top out faster on Thunderbolt's front straight. Yes, the back "straight" on Lightning is pretty fast too, but not straight and not as long, though you DO click up through the gears with the throttle pinned around that arching back straight. A liter bike would get more out of Thunderbolt, but ld easily enjoy both. Morph's 2000cc bike seems to enjoy Thunderbolt. 'Course his bike would enjoy an airport runway too. ;)
For the record. I like Lightnin so much I named my girlfriends dog after it.
n749600622_5342442_6671.jpg