new track in North carolina......

dpullen

Nice! I'm a little concerned about the run-off between the long straight and that 270 degree bowl turn...it's hard to tell from the aerial picture, but it looks like someone losing it in the bowl could end up on the straight, going the wrong way...

Garrison

Either epic shenanigans or the greatest news I've heard this week.

Please god let them put in some elevation changes.

moto_mx131

I called the number on the site to see what they said and the guy I talked to said they would be interested in talking to organizations like NESBA.

Garrison

Sign me up, I have always wanted to design and operate a moto track, I would happily love to talk to them about it.

How do we talk to them?

noobinacan

so when are we sending DJ in ?>
lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2RoxMxcp-0

Garrison;119363 wrote: Either epic shenanigans or the greatest news I've heard this week.

Please god let them put in some elevation changes.
haha Garrison
you must have loved RA...talking about elevation changes..
doesn't look like it will be as drastic as RA though...but I'll take a new course here in NC.
specially given the number of people who track their bikes in NC :eek:

phoca_thumb_l_21.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_22.jpg

phoca_thumb_l_23.jpg

* 4.6 mile (7.4 km) course length

* 0.6 mile straight (0.8 km)

* 40 foot wide track (12m)

* Turning circles of 450 ft & 630 ft (137m & 192m)

* 100 ft safe “run-off” zones

* 30 feet of vertical relief

* Adverse camber slalom section

* 5 individual courses (bi-directional)

* Course built to standard North Carolina road specifications

* Wetting by low level sprays

meanstrk

Control Rider
If that straight is suppose to only be .6 miles in length, there is no way in hell total length is 4 plus miles.....

Christ, if there is no barrier on the entrance to 5 (?) then someone is gonna be meeting oncoming traffic on the straight!

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
yea....too close to call in some of those turns...big chances of running into other traffic....

MoTo ViXeN

I'm going to assume by the photos that the track and park is not complete yet. Heard that someone was going in soon to work on the fencing and barriers.... But I am for one looking forward to attending soon. :D

Davisjk

Just so people are not confused the tracks people are speaking about are 2 seperate Facility. The NCCAR I dont know much about, but the one in the NCSPORTBIKER forum i do know about. Iam one of the 25 founding members. We were holding back on info right now because of all the obvious skeptics out there. For future info (and with all do respect), the guy that broke this info on the forum" ncsportbikers " is not a part of the organization he is just a friend of one of our members. Trust me Iam the biggest Motorcycle advocate we will have on the board / ownership and any future info will be placed up here as quickly as possible. I will be in contact with the right people with NESBA as soon as we have exact info. Whish us luck on our future endevors, it does look to be sweet.