New Yamaha Champions Riding School @ NJPM Now!

Myers

Control Rider
outstanding..... attended this class a couple years ago at NJMP... If they are back...i will attend again!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

RADAR Magnet

That's really great; glad to see these guys bouncing back so I can attend! Wish they were doing it at VIR but NJ probably makes more sense from a business perspective.

For those who have attended and didn't ride an R6 before the class, how easy is it to transition to the R6? I've only ever ridden my 600RR. Turn a few laps, dial up progressively and all good?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Awesome! Best school I ever took. Very happy for them that they're back in business. Bonus (for me!) that it's at NJMP!

1up5down

Control Rider
RADAR Magnet;298682 wrote: That's really great; glad to see these guys bouncing back so I can attend! Wish they were doing it at VIR but NJ probably makes more sense from a business perspective.

For those who have attended and didn't ride an R6 before the class, how easy is it to transition to the R6? I've only ever ridden my 600RR. Turn a few laps, dial up progressively and all good?
I can't speak to not riding an R6 before attending the school as I owned my R6 and rode it at the school. However, having attended the school twice, I can say that the skills taught are transferable skills that you can replicate on any bike.

The goal during the school is for you to learn, build and apply proven riding skills at a reduced speed or level of riding. Kind of the go slow to go fast approach.

You can then take these transferable skills back to your riding (and your bike) to apply and experience riding at 100%. The great thing is you'll feel as if you're riding at 75% due to the increased skill and confidence that will offer you the opportunity to relax, focus and ride safer & faster than you did before!

FYI - R6 is a phenomenal 600, you'll have a great time at this school for sure!

mjkuhno

VERY cool for all our friends in the NE!

Had a blast when I took it at NJ in 2012. And now running the school out of NJMP opens up a lot of dates for people!

If you can afford to do this school it's definitely worth it!!

RADAR Magnet

1up5down;298684 wrote: I can't speak to not riding an R6 before attending the school as I owned my R6 and rode it at the school. However, having attended the school twice, I can say that the skills taught are transferable skills that you can replicate on any bike.

The goal during the school is for you to learn, build and apply proven riding skills at a reduced speed or level of riding. Kind of the go slow to go fast approach.

You can then take these transferable skills back to your riding (and your bike) to apply and experience riding at 100%. The great thing is you'll feel as if you're riding at 75% due to the increased skill and confidence that will offer you the opportunity to relax, focus and ride safer & faster than you did before!

FYI - R6 is a phenomenal 600, you'll have a great time at this school for sure!
Thanks. I was really kind of curious about whether or not getting used to the R6 would distract from applying what they're teaching. Maybe I'll hit up the demo truck at a track day before doing the class. Now to see how YCRS' schedule lines up with NESBA's.

mcskeeto

RADAR Magnet;298687 wrote: Thanks. I was really kind of curious about whether or not getting used to the R6 would distract from applying what they're teaching. Maybe I'll hit up the demo truck at a track day before doing the class. Now to see how YCRS' schedule lines up with NESBA's.
I really don't think the R6 is going to be an issue for you. It's not about setting the fastest lap time, rather, it's about proper technique and skills development.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
mcskeeto;298784 wrote: I really don't think the R6 is going to be an issue for you. It's not about setting the fastest lap time, rather, it's about proper technique and skills development.
I agree! When I took the class 2 years ago they flew the instructors out to NJMP. We rode our own bikes for the class. At the time I was riding an older gixxer that I wasn't very comfortable on. It wasn't an issue at all for the class. The focus was on technique, drills, and skills enhancement. For the most part we kept the pace down in order to work on the skills we discussed off the track. They also offered the option to split the attendees into groups depending on your pace and what you wanted to work on. The instructors are very accomodating. They want to make sure you get your money's worth and learn as much as you can while you are there.

03bueller

Control Rider
Love toy get out to one of these, just sucks that they're all on week days, I never have time to take off since I own my own business.....wonder if I could pay one of them to come to the track on one of our weekends.....

RADAR Magnet

mcskeeto;298784 wrote: I really don't think the R6 is going to be an issue for you. It's not about setting the fastest lap time, rather, it's about proper technique and skills development.

adotjdot;298786 wrote:
I agree! When I took the class 2 years ago they flew the instructors out to NJMP. We rode our own bikes for the class. At the time I was riding an older gixxer that I wasn't very comfortable on. It wasn't an issue at all for the class. The focus was on technique, drills, and skills enhancement. For the most part we kept the pace down in order to work on the skills we discussed off the track. They also offered the option to split the attendees into groups depending on your pace and what you wanted to work on. The instructors are very accomodating. They want to make sure you get your money's worth and learn as much as you can while you are there.
Sounds good. I'll look for a date that's best and look forward to picking up some skills!

YCRS

WE are SO happy to be back and at NJMP! The reception we had when we were there before was beyond outstanding and when we looked for a new home, this area was at the top of our list. Both Yamaha and NJMP have stepped up huge to make this school possible and we have some pretty cool new things going on...

Part of your class cost includes 1 nights stay at the condos at NJMP along with a group dinner.
Larry Pegram joins us and Larry will be introducing a dirt program later this year, early next year.

So.....we're back and we're in your backyard, come ride with us!

Here are the dates and the phone# is 855-RIDE-YCRS.......maybe Nick or I will even answer the phone! Or email either one of us:

ken@ridelikeachampion.com
nick@ridelikeachampion.com

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Pretty awesome to have these guys in the Mid-Atlantic Region now.

1up5down

Control Rider
YCRS;299033 wrote: WE are SO happy to be back and at NJMP! The reception we had when we were there before was beyond outstanding and when we looked for a new home, this area was at the top of our list. Both Yamaha and NJMP have stepped up huge to make this school possible and we have some pretty cool new things going on...

Part of your class cost includes 1 nights stay at the condos at NJMP along with a group dinner.
Larry Pegram joins us and Larry will be introducing a dirt program later this year, early next year.

So.....we're back and we're in your backyard, come ride with us!

Here are the dates and the phone# is 855-RIDE-YCRS.......maybe Nick or I will even answer the phone! Or email either one of us:

ken@ridelikeachampion.com
nick@ridelikeachampion.com
Ken -

It is so AWESOME and well needed to have a high quality riding School/Program operating out of NJMP. Being a repeat student, I know the value and wish you guys success beyond what you can imagine.

While I know YCRS goals are not focused directly on improving the trackday sceen at NJMP. I hope that by having such high quality training school housed out of NJMP, the skill and safety of the various trackday riders at NJMP will be enhanced as a by-product. I know, wishful thinking on my part, yet I know the power of YCRS!!!

I not sure how or if I can be of any help to you and the YCRS team. However, please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do.

Wishing you guys much success!!!

Allen

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I am so glad you guys have made NJMP your home track, and hope to attend your school again. I took it twice before when you were at NJMP and it changed my riding like no other school. I wish you success!!!!
That one ad you have that states "give us two days and we'll change your life" is so true!