NJMP 10/3-10/5

Slowride

Well I was emailing with Lars. I will be at the track riding even if I need to strap an outboard motor to the bike. Only ELITE members will get credit or refund if the day is canceled.
Since I have a basic membership I would have had to cancel 15 days before the event to be able to get credits on my account. Wont be the first or last time I have ridden in a monsoon. . I rode 500 miles home from Eureka Springs in May in some of the worst rain I have ever seen. Never slowed down either.
287e064f640796fc81cb9db5ff15c21f.jpg

This is the latest predictions. ...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

chris1KRR

TPM has just canceled their event this weekend at NCBike due to Hurricane J. Be interesting to see if anyone else follows suit.

Slowride

I personally don't want it canceled. I'll ride in the rain. Might ride slow but Ill ride.
The bike is getting loaded in the morning so I don't have to deal with it over the weekend.

sti2.5ldohc

I personally have never done a wet track day. I've heard it helps you learn how to be smooth and work on a perfect line. Can it be more of a crash fest or do most people take it easy? Currently have Q3s mounted. Would they be okay?

CBRtist

My weekend sitter cancelled, but I scraped someone else up to partially cover.

I have a fear of big rigs and bridges, yet will be driving RV over the Commodore Barry solo with possibility of scary gusts.

I have strep throat.

I'm old.

I am an ELITE member.

My biggest fear is that I might be hanging at the track alone screaming "Auntie Em!" with a 1/2 pound of stuffed cherry peppers.

The struggle is real for O.G. snail's pace novice riders who don't have fancy tires.

Last edited:

raineman021

Eric Raine
Has anyone tried mounting a pitbull BRS before? Because even if I have to row a boat from Buffalo, I'll be at NJMP this weekend. See you all (or some) of you there..

mpusch

Micah
TPM has just canceled their event this weekend at NCBike due to Hurricane J. Be interesting to see if anyone else follows suit.

NYST canceled this weekend too.

Finish putting the bike together tomorrow and then packing up and heading out Saturday.

And Q3s should be fine depending on the amount of water. The number of crashes in the wet depends on the riders just like any other day, can go one way or the other.

Slowride

I personally have never done a wet track day. I've heard it helps you learn how to be smooth and work on a perfect line. Can it be more of a crash fest or do most people take it easy? Currently have Q3s mounted. Would they be okay?
I have done a few wet td's with dot tires and you really need to work on throttle control and being smooth. I am sure there will be some crashes but overall the speeds will be considerably lower.
I too have Q3's mounted. Just take it easy and build your speed slowly.
A hot hand will result in you hitting the ground.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Riding in the rain is one thing, I've done it plenty of times. Street tires on the track work pretty well. But, a hurricane is a whole 'nother thing. I'm watching. If the predictions solidify and show it hitting, there is no way I'm risking the drive. I go through towns that end up completely underwater and are impassible. When it's windy, the NJ turnpike bans trailers. Not worth the risk, IMHO.

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
Myself and rhill are coming from NE Ohio, planning on leaving tomorrow and just seeing how things go for all 3 days. Forecast seems to be changing every minute.

Slowride

The last run of the computer models showed the GSF agreeing more with the Ero model and keeping this beast farther off shore.
I am almost done loading the trailer now. This way Sunday all I have to do is back up to it and lock it on the truck.
What are the chances of NJMP cancelling and refunding N2 the rental fee so that the rest of us don't get beat for the money? I am sure they don't want their workers out in this mess.
I know next time I will wait until the day before an event to register. I literally checked the weather on Monday about 5pm and it was good registered and not even 1 hr later the forecast changed to rain showers for Monday and has gone down hill since. Had I waited another day or so I would have just bagged the thought of 1 last day this season.
Oh well we will see what mother nature has in store for all of us. At least I live close and don't have to travel like most of you.

Slowride

7450827eee4c5ec91b7d62fc7f3731c5.jpg

Im ready!!!! Well maybe I should take a life raft or an inner tube. ..lol

Jester

Yamahawkins
Control Rider
Director
I have an elite membership so it wouldn't be too painful to sit in the trailer with a case of beer for the day if we do get hit with all the rain.

And 100mph winds.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
N2 is keeping a close eye on the situation. We would love to run the event but safety is a concern in this case. I'm sure there will be an up date from those in communication with NJMP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Slowride

Just heard there was a STATE OF EMERGENCY issued.
Not sure of the details yet.